Portal Fences generated with no fence and no header; cannot be move, resized or DELETED

By on November 26, 2012 4:18:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Vhorthex

Join Date 11/2009
+2

Howdy,

Completely in love with this amazing tool. But I've run into an issue which is driving me nuts.

Sometimes, when I create a portal. (happened 2/3 times now) it will create one that has no fence, or no header. So I see the icons, and I can make the scrollbar appear. But anything else I can't do. Move/resize/DELETE...

I know everyone says to click on the "X" to remove a fence you don't want anymore. But what do you do when you can't see it?

I tried enabling/disabling fences, no good. And I also tried changing the settings of that window with appereance but it still dosen't work.

I just finished customizing it all day, and I would hate to have to go back to this morning's snapshot.

Please say it ain't so...

Couldn't this be neatly fixed by making a fence manager window? That when you go int he Fences settings menu you could select any fence had terminate it within that area, so that if anything goes wrong with the fence you have an option to delete it "manually".

I'm praying there is a fix for this. 

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 27, 2012 10:02:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi,

same in here...

One of my fences just got attached to whole left part of screen and there is no "X" button to close it. Restart or shutting down the Fences wont work. Any suggestioń? Thx 

November 27, 2012 11:17:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well,

I'm not sure if this is 100% consistent. But when I logged into my workstation from home last night, it seems to have done a more thorough refresh of the desktop icons/setup, and then the forsaken fence gained it's borders and buttons.

Maybe a simple Log off/on might do the trick? I didn't try that to be honest.

Happy I didn't have to destroy all my setup from yesterday. Speaking of which... Snapshot time!

November 27, 2012 12:08:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If it happens again, please email support@stardock.com so we can get some log data.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.