Start8 Mentioned on Engadget

By on November 19, 2012 8:11:31 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+606

Start8 is still getting lots of attention, and today it got a mention on Engadget!

“When we first reported on Start8, a mod that brings the tried-and-tested Start button back to Windows 8, it was impossible to know how fiercely the fires of controversy would burn over Microsoft's new interface. Some of us adjusted to the full-screen Start "experience" pretty quickly, but it's also clear that a sizable population of users prefer things just as they were. How sizable? Well, according to one of Start8's makers, quoted by USA Today, the $5 app has now sold "tens of thousands" of copies after the "floodgates opened" on October 26th”

Read more here.

If you are using Windows 8, come grab Start8 and check out Decor8 as well!

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 20, 2012 1:08:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Interesting - I am seeing Start8 mentioned Everywhere - newpapers - etc.

Great work!

November 20, 2012 10:12:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I cannot believe some of the comments on that article! Wow! Start8 should be free according to one person.

November 20, 2012 12:21:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

like i said in another thread, Start8 is the ONLY reason i renewed my Technet sub and installed Win8. props to Neil.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.