where is the download link?

By on November 15, 2012 8:32:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Geoffrey Knobl

Join Date 02/2002

Recently, I had to uninstall CursorFX.  Now, I want to download and reinstall it.  Where is the download link?  It is not on http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/downloads.asp that I can find.  In fact, all of http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/ seems to be incorrectly formatted and looks rather bad if this is a product Stardock wants to promote.  Are you trying to get rid of it or no longer supporting it?

Anyway, I'd like to download it again but can't find where on your site.  Please respond.

18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 15, 2012 8:37:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When you click the download link you should see a popup which prompts you to enter your e-mail to have the link sent to you.

Might want to try another browser or disable any add-ons you might be using.

November 15, 2012 8:37:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't know what browser you are using but I went to both links you provided with Chrome and both pages look fine. If using IE, try compatibility mode.

November 15, 2012 8:47:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The pages are seriously broken here in IE.

I will see if we can get that fixed today.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 15, 2012 8:51:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I don't think it's the browsers.  The pages looked like this yesterday too and in both IE and FF.  I am using FF 16.0.2 and IE 9.  let me upload screen shots of the main cursorfx page and the download.asp page.

This is the main page in FF.

(*&^%$%@ - the drag and drop pictures don't seem to work and you don't seem to have a link for uploading images.

And here's the dl page in IE

well, guess i can't do image uploads here.

I will go try on another computer but that's a work around.  I did disable ALL the add-ons in FF and restarted without them but the result was the same.  There is no dl window that pops up in either FF or IE and at least I should be getting a warning that a window pop up is being blocked but I don't even get that.

November 15, 2012 8:55:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The first browser that should be supported is FF, then IE, then Chrome.  I would think all browsers that are popular should be tested.  I hope it's not an oversight by the stardock web team.

I didn't want to do it but I went and got it from C|Net.  (I used to love them back in the day when they had a tv show but now, not so much.)  EEGADS!  They had an AVG Security Toolbar stuffed in there as well!  That's horrible.  I assume that was C|Net and not Stardock?  In either case, that's seriously bad form.

November 15, 2012 9:44:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello?  Is this being worked on?

November 15, 2012 9:56:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You'll have to give them a little time - I don't think their main office is even open yet.  You've caught Neil's eye, you can't do much better than that.

November 15, 2012 10:08:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Geoffrey Knobl,
This is the main page in FF.
(*&^%$%@ - the drag and drop pictures don't seem to work and you don't seem to have a link for uploading images.

And here's the dl page in IE
well, guess i can't do image uploads here.

In a reply box, there is a small green button with a tree on it. Above where you type your reply.  Click it, type/paste in a url to a pic hosted somewhere.

November 15, 2012 10:11:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Here's a pic, only the button will be above the text.

November 15, 2012 11:34:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you purchased CursorFX you could download the full version.  

A buyer can access their registrations and download links by logging in with a Stardock account at https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products or installing through Stardock Central (currently in beta but available at http://www.stardock.com/products/stardockcentral/ ).

November 15, 2012 11:49:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Avoid c|net. LINK 

Just like the brown acid at Woodstock, it's a bad trip, man.

If Stardock is still using download.com as a portal for their trials, I would hope they look elsewhere. I started out with Objectdock in 2007 and then WB's, both through c|net but times and tactics have changed.

As for IE, marketshare/userbase notwithstanding, this is a Windows customizing software company, the various sites and forums should work with what MS provides first and foremost, imho. Other browser support is a bonus.

November 15, 2012 12:00:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We will continue to use C|net/Download.com.  Reports of abuse are more likely hijacks than something hosted by C|net

November 15, 2012 2:11:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah, I think you're right about Windows IE support first.  But I don't like having that junk antivirus program I must click off first.  And the little green tree?  It's there but looking for a url, not my screen shots/image files on my computer.  I suppose I could run a web browser but that's ridiculous too.

So, what's the deal with the dl link here, that should avoid C|Net entirely?  AHHH!  I see it works now. THANK YOU!

How long was that web site messed up?  Just curious?  What was the fix?  (As an IT support guy, I'm just curious as to what happened.)

November 15, 2012 2:31:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting gmknobl,
It's there but looking for a url, not my screen shots/image files on my computer.
It relies upon an image hosting site such as ImageShack or Photobucket. Images are uploaded there to get the required url to enter.

November 15, 2012 2:49:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,
The pages are seriously broken here in IE.

I will see if we can get that fixed today.

Yay! Forum too, please?

November 15, 2012 3:12:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting gmknobl,
How long was that web site messed up?  Just curious?  What was the fix?  (As an IT support guy, I'm just curious as to what happened.)
Codemonkeys did "things".  I tried to ignore the screaming and was just thankful we have interns to spare.

January 23, 2013 3:23:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Im looking for the download links for the boot skins.

January 23, 2013 7:33:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Bootskins for XP was iffy, Bootskins for Vista were good, after that, do not even attempt to use Bootskins on Windows 7 or 8.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.