works on win8

By on November 15, 2012 12:16:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

raymonvisualph

Join Date 07/2011
+4

pls make it works on windows8. it hides on startscreen.

34 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 15, 2012 10:16:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

CRTL + shift + C

November 15, 2012 10:30:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
CRTL + shift + C

lol. by pressing that the bug will fix?? i don't think so..

November 15, 2012 10:34:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No, but it will give you back your cursor. Just the normal one. This happens in some games too, with CFX.

I was just giving you an option until it's fixed, if it is fixable.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 15, 2012 10:39:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting raymonvisual,

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 1CRTL + shift + C

You didn't request a bug fix, you asked "pls make it works on windows8"

The advice given will make it works.

November 15, 2012 10:46:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
No, but it will give you back your cursor. Just the normal one. This happens in some games too, with CFX.

I was just giving you an option until it's fixed, if it is fixable.

ah ok. Thanks anyway.

November 15, 2012 10:49:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting raymonvisual, reply 2
Quoting RedneckDude, reply 1CRTL + shift + C

You didn't request a bug fix, you asked "pls make it works on windows8"

The advice given will make it works.

No it will not make it work. it will just show the charmbar. 

November 15, 2012 10:50:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting raymonvisual,
No it will not make it work. it will just show the charmbar.
No, it will show the default windows 8 cursor.

November 15, 2012 11:07:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock is working hard to get as much software as possible compatible with Windows 8. Some things will take longer than others, and I am sure they have priorities. I don't imagine CFX is at the top of the list.

Keep an eye on the forums for announcements about updates. I trust Stardock to "get it right" and rushing things is not the way to accomplish this. Nowhere did SD say all products would always work on all upcoming operating systems but I have confidence that they will do their best to make it happen.

For those of us that use said software and wish to continue using it, the prudent thing to do would be to wait to change to a new OS. Apparently, I am one of very few who think this.

November 15, 2012 11:31:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Stardock is working hard to get as much software as possible compatible with Windows 8. Some things will take longer than others, and I am sure they have priorities. I don't imagine CFX is at the top of the list.

Keep an eye on the forums for announcements about updates. I trust Stardock to "get it right" and rushing things is not the way to accomplish this. Nowhere did SD say all products would always work on all upcoming operating systems but I have confidence that they will do their best to make it happen.

For those of us that use said software and wish to continue using it, the prudent thing to do would be to wait to change to a new OS. Apparently, I am one of very few who think this.

very well said. you opened my mind. I agree in all what you said. thanks!

November 15, 2012 11:35:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

November 15, 2012 11:59:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Well said Wiz!

You are not alone!

November 17, 2012 8:17:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This solution works fine.

And I couldn`t agree more Wiz!  

I don`t expect CFX to work under W8, SD doesn`t say so, so that it (mostly) works is great since I bought it for XP and upgraded a way back.

However, can there not easily be a line(s) in CFX that sais "IF in .... use default cursor"

Startscreen, appscreen and charmsbars could be, among others, such an exception.

Maybe as a temporary fix?

On the other hand, I can live with this minor inconvenience and wait for a W8 supported CFXTouch-upgrade with maybe options to change behaviour/look of touchbuttons included and where your selected cursor shows where it fails now.

(For fun it would be nice to see your screen go up in smoke and stars everytime you touch a button, that`ll teach 'm to use your device without asking. (Okay, for personal use just the button.    ))

November 17, 2012 9:51:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

W8 = wait.  If we wait, patiently, I believe Stardock will give us all kinds of W8 goodies. I discovered Stardock products about 5 days after getting my first PC and have been hooked ever since. I can't imagine doing without, so yes, it's killing me to run W8 without WindowBlinds........absolute horror.......but it'll get here. Complaining ain't speeding it up.

November 28, 2012 6:30:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

A Windows 8 compatible edition of CursorFX Plus version 2.11 is now available in Stardock Central.

November 28, 2012 9:12:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Scarcrux,
A Windows 8 compatible edition of CursorFX Plus version 2.11 is now available in Stardock Central.

REALLY!

CursorFX Plus has been broken in Win7 every since the last update and now you are telling me it works on Win8? Some of us have been waiting since last June for it to be fixed.

November 29, 2012 5:48:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

CursorFX is still buggy in Windows 8. It doesn't work on the new Start screen or any apps that use the new interface.

November 29, 2012 2:04:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frankief,
Quoting Scarcrux, reply 14A Windows 8 compatible edition of CursorFX Plus version 2.11 is now available in Stardock Central.

REALLY!

CursorFX Plus has been broken in Win7 every since the last update and now you are telling me it works on Win8? Some of us have been waiting since last June for it to be fixed.

It's working for me on 7.

Quoting Scarcrux,
CursorFX is still buggy in Windows 8. It doesn't work on the new Start screen or any apps that use the new interface.

It works fine for me on 8. Even in the metro area (start screen).

November 29, 2012 2:35:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I want ,  I want,  I want...................................................... Should charge a million dollars for all these programs ,,maybe the complaining would lessen. Seems the world wants it all for 10 or 12 bucks,  too funny. I applaud you stardock for taking such grief over microsofts lack of making an operating system that does not need improved upon every two years. I guess you should start making wb for windows 9.5234, sp 12,,version68. coming soon.

November 29, 2012 3:57:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting doortech1,
I want , I want, I want...................................................... Should charge a million dollars for all these programs

I get so tired of condescending tones like this example. I do not care what you pay for a program, the expectation is that it will work as expected, not be broken. Apparently there has been a fix for the problems with CursorFX but no announcement was made to those of us who had problems with it. That just is not good practice. I am happy to say it is working properly now on Win 7 but we should have been advised that the problem with the shadows and colors had been addressed. I do love my skinning apps but also expect them to perform as advertised. Thanks for the fix

November 29, 2012 4:43:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frankief,
I am happy to say it is working properly now on Win 7 but we should have been advised that the problem with the shadows and colors had been addressed.

I'm willing to bet the notification was simply lost to people amongst all the whining and dissenting.

There are people in this world whose role in life is to complain....whether warranted or not.....

November 29, 2012 5:08:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
There are people in this world whose role in life is to complain....whether warranted or not.....
Loudly, frequently, and to whomever happens to be within range. 

and before others accuse me of being a fanboy and a sheep. ...oh, never mind. You'll never understand.

Being a gentleman...... 

November 30, 2012 4:48:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frankief,

Quoting doortech1, reply 18I want , I want, I want...................................................... Should charge a million dollars for all these programs

I get so tired of condescending tones like this example. I do not care what you pay for a program, the expectation is that it will work as expected, not be broken. Apparently there has been a fix for the problems with CursorFX but no announcement was made to those of us who had problems with it. That just is not good practice. I am happy to say it is working properly now on Win 7 but we should have been advised that the problem with the shadows and colors had been addressed. I do love my skinning apps but also expect them to perform as advertised. Thanks for the fix

Not so much condescending as it was a slam against whiners. Thats what forums are for . And,you read it and whined about that. As for as advertised. we have all seen infomercials, everything is not as it appears , its called reality. Welcome to it.

Then let me remind you also, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, some people just demand instead of requesting politely. I just think a more mature approach would get you all farther. People, no matter who they are do not like demands.Last , if this software is so bad or the service is so bad, why do any of you want a new version. If you really like it, just wait calmly.

November 30, 2012 5:15:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

what you

Quoting doortech1,

Quoting Frankief, reply 19
Quoting doortech1, reply 18I want , I want, I want...................................................... Should charge a million dollars for all these programs

Not so much condescending as it was a slam against whiners. Thats what forums are for . And,you read it and whined about that. As for as advertised. we have all seen infomercials, everything is not as it appears , its called reality. Welcome to it.

Then let me remind you also, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, some people just demand instead of requesting politely. I just think a more mature approach would get you all farther. People, no matter who they are do not like demands.Last , if this software is so bad or the service is so bad, why do any of you want a new version. If you really like it, just wait calmly.

you probably do not realize that Stardock has changed quite a bit.

i remember the days when Frogboy was raving at Neowin that in Longhorn (Vista) there would be no more msstyles and it would have a vector based gui, but WindowBlinds would work from the first day.

the "mstyles will be gone", "vector gui" part was bullshit as we soon learned when Vista was released, even Windows 8 is still Windows classic with a visual style slapped upon it, but the attitude to be ready upon release was definately different than the attitude Stardock has now.

that might be a reason why some people are dissapointed.

and no: bugs will not be fixed faster if you ask politely for it.

November 30, 2012 8:55:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, I am a newb to wc. I see your view but would add, it has to be difficult to adapt to an os that has its own problems and in such a short time, just wonder if a little patience might be called for.

December 5, 2012 8:57:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

complaining is not bad. that's why it has "forum" section. you can complain or request especially if you bought it the app/software. 

we have different language so expect that some are not good on delivering sentences. like i'm doing. i'm sure others will read my posts wrong. my intention is to report a bug, not only complaining.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.