Piss-annoying popup box from Stardock?

STRONGLY DISAPPOINTED

By on November 14, 2012 12:48:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

starofdragons

Join Date 03/2005

Okay, what's with the annoying pop-up asking me to upgrade to a new version as a "happy" user, who does not want piss-annoying popup ads on his computer?  If I wanted to upgrade I would have...I've never seen this before on Stardock products, especially with full versions.  I'll be happy to uninstall this product and just not use it--it's just graphic fun, if it will keep pestering me to purchase like drunken bum asking for change...is there any way to get rid of this freak-show garbage without uninstalling?

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 14, 2012 1:32:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Good of you to ask so nicely... 

Strongly Disappointed.

November 14, 2012 1:34:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I guess you're under the impression I was asking...I wasn't...I was using a question to imply my demand...they didn't ask me to install popups in my current and still useful full version...why should I ask nicely?  This isn't grade school, this is a pissed off adult speaking.

November 14, 2012 1:58:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh muh gawd...... ur right... U shouldn't ask nicely..

Much better to be an A-hole.... 'Starofdragons'

Funny, such a grade school name..

Please....continue with your implificatory demands...

lol 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 14, 2012 2:06:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Now now. Somebody needs to take a chill pill and just..... relax. Starofdragons if you thought that coming into these forums and ranting like a demented turd is going to do anything but attract comments aimed at pointing out your idiocy then i feel sorry for you. Did your mother ever teach you about courtesy? Maybe if you dropped a polite email to support@stardock.com outlining your problem and asking what you could do to stop it happening you will get the help you need. But no.... instead you coming ranting in here, dribbling like an idiot and expect to be treated with respect.... hahahahaha.. grow up fool. That is all

November 14, 2012 3:32:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I put up with Adobe popups wanting an update constantly, just part of life . Used to be a salesmen calling, now its pop ups and electronic pests. But, if you wanted it, you would be thrilled it was included in the program to seek out self updates, makes life easier for lots of people.Stardock is a business, not a best friend.

November 14, 2012 4:18:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi there, does anyone know if you can disable the upgrade pop-up in fences? Thanks guys.

It's so easy. And you should remember, this forum is filled with CUSTOMERS and friends of Stardock. If you had asked politely (like an adult) you would probably have that pop-up disabled by now......... oh well.

November 14, 2012 4:46:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

starofdragon, there are a couple of things which are unclear to me:

1. Which version of Fences do you have? When was it purchased?

2. Why, when seeking help from Stardock would you adopt such a hostile/aggrieved tone, and then post in a non-Support Forum? Remember the old saying about attracting more flies with honey than vinegar. Were I you, I'd adopt a more benign tone if I wanted help from people or enlist support for your position.

3. Do you really think that by implying, "If you don't solve this, I'll uninstall Fences." anyone other than you will suffer any consequences?

In general, no one likes 'pop ups', but they generally come with free versions and when significant updates to the original software have occurred. They can serve as informational.

I'd suggest emailing  support@stardock.com  for specific help with what you perceive as a problem with your software.

November 14, 2012 7:16:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starofdragons,
This isn't grade school, this is a pissed off adult speaking.

In kindergarten.

The only assumption that can be made from your eloquent tirade is that it's possibly Fences..... you perhaps purchased an early version and a popup is suggesting you upgrade to the later one which has more capability and functionality.

If your 'demand' is noted by Stardock Support they 'may' be able to indicate the method to disable.  I cannot help as I simply upgraded and see no popups....so cannot solve your 'drama' for you.

November 14, 2012 8:30:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did she actually say "adult" and "pissed off" in the same sentence?

November 15, 2012 2:17:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting vStyler,
Oh muh gawd...... ur right... U shouldn't ask nicely..

Much better to be an A-hole.... 'Starofdragons'

Funny, such a grade school name..

Please....continue with your implificatory demands...

lol

Troll Child, nobody invited you to the party, my comments are in fact aimed at Stardock support.  Oh, and "implificatory?"  Really?

Quoting GregII,
Did she actually say "adult" and "pissed off" in the same sentence?

Same goes for you, little girl.

Quoting DrJBHL,
1. Which version of Fences do you have? When was it purchased?

2. Why, when seeking help from Stardock would you adopt such a hostile/aggrieved tone, and then post in a non-Support Forum? Remember the old saying about attracting more flies with honey than vinegar. Were I you, I'd adopt a more benign tone if I wanted help from people or enlist support for your position.

3. Do you really think that by implying, "If you don't solve this, I'll uninstall Fences." anyone other than you will suffer any consequences?

In general, no one likes 'pop ups', but they generally come with free versions and when significant updates to the original software have occurred. They can serve as informational.

I'd suggest emailing support@stardock.com for specific help with what you perceive as a problem with your software.

1. Thanks for caring enough to ask...I'd answer, but Stardock has made it impossible to look that information up from within the program...All I know is it's not the recently added "upgrade" version, but the version before that, with the visual settings inside the menu.

2. Because this is awful behavior from a company I've grown to love over the last 10 years, who have made a very bad decision and it's aggravating to see it annoy me when I start up my computer (not theirs).

3. Yes, this is what supply and demand is all about.

Oh, and seriously, if my friends ever came in my house without asking, I'd kick their asses.  A business coming into my house without asking is worse.

November 15, 2012 2:24:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starofdragons,
A business coming into my house without asking is worse.

You "invited them in" when you installed the software. How they run their software company is their decision, not yours.

Quoting starofdragons,
my comments are in fact aimed at Stardock support

Then perhaps you should post your inquiry in the Support forum.

November 15, 2012 2:45:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
I'd suggest emailing support@stardock.com for specific help with what you perceive as a problem with your software.

It's not "awful behavior" at all... As Wizard wrote, you invited them in when you (voluntarily) bought the software.

You can find out the version of Fences you have here: https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products

Just login.

November 15, 2012 2:50:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Troll child? lol.. I don't need an invite to be in a public forum.

Quoting DrJBHL,

and please stop slinging insults....work on your communication skills... a little courtesy goes a long way.

November 15, 2012 3:05:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Locking the post; time to move along.

If you have issues or concerns about policies, at Stardock email gripeline@stardock.com

If you have technical questions, email support@stardock.com

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.