My son...is a Brony

By on November 5, 2012 11:26:28 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1116

What...do I do?

62 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 5, 2012 11:47:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No worries.  I'm assuming he's young.  It's just the colors that has his attention.  You can easily replace it with brightly colored video games.  We've all been there.

If I may, I suggest Dungeon Defenders.  You'll have fun for a while and it's very colorful.

November 6, 2012 12:03:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

November 6, 2012 12:15:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Whatever you do, do not show him the brony threads on this forum.

Don't get after him too much for it. If he thinks you or anyone else is really bothered by it he'll make it an even bigger part of his identity just to test the limits.

The brony friends I have sometimes say they like it because it reminds them of old school cartoons that aren't around anymore. Maybe introduce him to something actually old school and more masculine, like G1 transformers or something, to try and subtly get him off it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 6, 2012 12:25:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Whatever you do, do not show him the brony threads on this forum.

Don't get after him too much for it. If he thinks you or anyone else is really bothered by it he'll make it an even bigger part of his identity just to test the limits.

The brony friends I have sometimes say they like it because it reminds them of old school cartoons that aren't around anymore. Maybe introduce him to something actually old school and more masculine, like G1 transformers or something, to try and subtly get him off it.

Pretty much this. Especially introducing him to Thundercats/ Transformers

Perhaps even old-school anime like Gundam Wing?

November 6, 2012 12:31:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tasunke,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 3Whatever you do, do not show him the brony threads on this forum.

Pretty much this. Especially introducing him to Thundercats/ Transformers

Perhaps even old-school anime like Gundam Wing?

Pretty much this ...

November 6, 2012 12:33:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Today's bronies= 90s anime fans.

November 6, 2012 12:40:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Uhm, so? I don't see the problem.

November 6, 2012 12:41:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

What...do I do?

you...have my condolences...

November 6, 2012 12:54:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lord Xia started out as a brony... see what you have to look forward to?  He'll want lavendar ponies in his video games.

November 6, 2012 1:17:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When my dad caught me playing with ponies he locked me a stable for a week.

November 6, 2012 1:45:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Werewindlefr,
Uhm, so? I don't see the problem.

Well said. For our own kids, we decided long ago that if it ain't illegal, let them go ahead. Doesn't mean we didn't teach manners and such, we run a pretty strict shop. But judging or trying to decide for your kid what he wants is out.

Trojasmic: 

November 6, 2012 1:49:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What...do I do?

Not worry about it.  Some argue it's 'odd' but there's a heck of a lot of 'worse' things he could 'be'....

November 6, 2012 1:52:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He'll probably get over it by himself. But it might mean he's lacking in social interaction, a lot of bronies are. If that's the case, try getting him into some organized group that he'll enjoy - a sport would be the traditional example of this but any activity in a group setting is fine. Whatever you do though, don't make a big deal about it. 

November 6, 2012 2:10:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Add more types of ponies to FE so he can be proud of you!

November 6, 2012 2:12:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You have my condolences as well. Not exactly the thing I'd want my kid involved with. But sign him up for baseball or some manly sport quick or get him to a strip club quick!!

November 6, 2012 2:22:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting WebGizmos,
You have my condolences as well. But sign him up for baseball or some manly sport quick!
You mean football (soccer) surely? 

November 6, 2012 2:23:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting joasoze,
Quoting WebGizmos,
reply 16
You have my condolences as well. But sign him up for baseball or some manly sport quick!
You mean football (soccer) surely?

Works for me!

November 6, 2012 2:43:22 AM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Hah. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Maybe he just likes Lauren Faust's style of humor and writing. Perhaps show him Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff Girls. Next year, you could try Wander over Yonder, which is her and McCracken's new series.

November 6, 2012 4:11:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't have a television and have not had one for about 15 years. I was like ,wtf is a brony, so I googled it, SORRY MAN, my condolences. Wear sunglasses ans say its your nephew! Just kiddin. Jafos right, could be way worse.

November 6, 2012 4:19:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

uuaaahhhh....i´m so sorry Frogboy.

But sign him up for baseball or some manly sport quick or get him to a strip club quick!!

Take soccer instead of baseball (thats no sport ) and it will be fine.

November 6, 2012 5:16:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Many do recover if they have the constitution to be rigorously honest with themselves.  Allow him to express his Broniness with others of his ilk, and encourage him to attend a Brony Anonymous meeting in your local vicinity.

November 6, 2012 5:25:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Meh.

Proverbs 15:13-15. 

November 6, 2012 5:51:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You could always use the Ninja legend solution Frogboy.

Legend has it that when a widowed mother had no other recourse, she would taker her infant son to the Ninjas.  They would throw the child into a well.  If the child swam, he was fetched out and began training in the ways of ninjitsu.  If not...well, in either case, the mother never saw him again.

You will have to find the ninjas yourself though.

November 6, 2012 5:57:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ratatosk7,
Add more types of ponies to FE so he can be proud of you!

More ponies in bright radiant colors. 

November 6, 2012 7:50:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Rainbow Dash backpacks are on sale at Welovefine.com. Just saying. You know, with Xmas coming and all. (Its what my bf wants ).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000984   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.