Theme manager will not install

By on October 31, 2012 7:35:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

netserf

Join Date 06/2002

Stardock central shows 100% installed, but in text line it indicates "Problem code 103".  Theme manager not installed.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 31, 2012 8:36:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did you install as Admin? What OS? Theme Manager is not supported yet in Windows 8. 

Does it show as installed in Add/Remove Programs?  If yes, uninstall it, run CCleaner or similar and try again.

November 3, 2012 5:06:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same issue.  Windows7 64bit, full administrator.  It does not show up under installed programs.

November 3, 2012 5:37:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try running the installer in compatibility mode for Vista SP2.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 3, 2012 6:41:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ok, when I run the installer outside of Stardock Central (using Vista SP2 compatibility), error says that the file is possibly incomplete or corrupted, I have tried redownloading to same result.

Found 3.x version of software, that installed, but trying to update to 4.x still fails.  Can't find 4.x download anywhere but from Stardock Central.

December 4, 2012 11:28:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just had the same problem, but found a solution. The solution is NOT the one suggested above.

I am running Win7 Home Premium 64-bit. When I attempt to install Theme Manager 4 via Stardock Central app I get an error message indicating "Archive Integrity Check Failed" - corrupt file. I moved the file to another location & had Stardock Central download another copy of the install file to the same result.

However,

when I try to install via the Theme Manager file I download from

https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

it installs correctly (I think; it installed & runs but I have not really used it to do anything yet...). Prior to executing the file from the "My Account/Products" page I set it to run as Admin & set Compatibility to "WinVista SP2" but I may have not needed to do that- didn't try it without Admin or Compatibility.

The files were different - The file downloaded from https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products is not the same as the file downloaded via the Stardock Central app.

In Short:

Theme Manager (Free) 4.00.exe         |    via Stardock Central app                                      |     NOT WORKING

ThemeManager_enhanced_setup.exe  |     https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products     |     WORKING

Good luck; prior to making my Object Desktop & ObjectDock purchase, I really perused the forums checking for reports of problems. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on buggy software. Of all the reports of problem apps, Theme Manager was reported to be the most problematic.

This really should have been caught in software testing prior to releasing to the members.

December 4, 2012 11:51:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting jrambo001,
prior to making my Object Desktop & ObjectDock purchase, I really perused the forums checking for reports of problems.

I wish more people would do as you did. (doing a little research first) Thanks for reporting your observations/results and welcome to Wincustomize.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.