Will activation work for two computers

By on October 27, 2012 1:54:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Terry Van D...

Join Date 05/2007
+1

I have two computers.  Will one purchase work for both, or will I have to buy it twice?

Terry

5 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 29, 2012 11:14:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have this same question ^^

October 29, 2012 11:44:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is from Stardock's Site -

Activation limits

There are reasonable limits on how often you can activate a given product to help deter piracy, but for most users, this limit will not be reached.

There is some flexibility to allow installing on your laptop and home PCs, home and work PCs, and similar situations.

For instance, you might want to use your laptop as a secondary machine with Multiplicity at home and at the office. This would require Multiplicity be activated twice (once on each of the primary machines). As long as you're the only one using those machines, that's fine and covered by your license. When you start getting more complicated like "I also need copies at client sites for when I'm there", then it's probably time to order some additional licenses!

Bluntly: If we find 42 activation attempts from 29 different IP addresses and emails in the course of an evening, it's fraud. We are users of our own software too. We've added a level of protection that we, as users, are comfortable working with.

Hope this helps you. I found it here: http://www.stardock.com/support/activation_info.aspx

October 29, 2012 9:39:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have two computers. Will one purchase work for both,

In a nutshell.....yes....

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 31, 2012 10:35:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you for your answers.

November 2, 2012 6:05:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, thank you for taking the time out to answer this one.  After I posted this one, I did some more research and found the Activation limits that was mentioned in an answer above.  Now, Fences on the desktop....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.