No Random Skins in WB7

By on October 27, 2012 12:40:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Jeff George

Join Date 03/2003

I just installed WindowBlinds 7 and am using it on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Under the Random skins tab of the Settings dialog box I have checked all the skins that came with the application and unchecked the "Pick a random skin from any installed skins" box. However, the skin never changes. I have tried multiple restarts and logins and I always have the same Windows Classic skin. Am I doing something wrong?

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 27, 2012 1:49:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did you hit apply changes

October 27, 2012 2:00:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As LeeDee said, you can hightliaht any skin in windowblinds and click apply changes on the top left. OR you can just double any windowblind you want that is showing in windowblinds and it will automatically install on your system.

October 27, 2012 3:01:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's not so much a problem as being able to apply the skins that come with the app; it's being able to get them to change randomly on logging in to Windows. However,  I did some more experimenting and may have found a solution. I changed the skin to something other than Windows Classic and restarted. At that point, the skins started being randomly applied whenever I logged in. But if I manually set the skin back to Windows Classic the randomization stops. It seems that my system doesn't like applying a random skin if I set it to Windows Classic for some reason. No big deal since I don't really care for that skin any way.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 27, 2012 3:14:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jeff George,
I don't really care for that skin any way.

Me either.

I Set the star filter for Windows Classic to 1 in the skins list and set the list to filter by 2 or more stars. This hides Classic in the skins list when selecting a WB. 

October 27, 2012 6:15:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
I Set the star filter for Windows Classic to 1 in the skins list and set the list to filter by 2 or more stars. This hides Classic in the skins list when selecting a WB.

Very interesting.

October 27, 2012 8:52:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jeff George,
It's not so much a problem as being able to apply the skins that come with the app; it's being able to get them to change randomly on logging in to Windows. However,  I did some more experimenting and may have found a solution. I changed the skin to something other than Windows Classic and restarted. At that point, the skins started being randomly applied whenever I logged in. But if I manually set the skin back to Windows Classic the randomization stops. It seems that my system doesn't like applying a random skin if I set it to Windows Classic for some reason. No big deal since I don't really care for that skin any way.

Ahh.  Random only applies if you have a UIS2 / Per pixel skin applied to your system.  Perhaps we should make that more clear in future.

Classic / Aero are listed as options to disable WindowBlinds or you get questions on how to turn WindowBlinds offf.

October 29, 2012 12:08:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What the heck is meant by UIS2/Per pixel skin and how, specifically, does that relate to random? Are you saying that only skins that meet that criteria are considered during randomization? When I look at my skins library it says "UIS0 Skin - Random Skin mode is met." What does that mean?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.