Problem with a WindowBlinds activation

By on October 19, 2012 1:13:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

caique-rj

Join Date 10/2012

I got the object desktop package and installed the softwares, all of them were activated successfully except windowblinds and windowfx5.

My operation system is Windows 7 Ultimate, SP 1. This is my computer configuration:

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 3.4
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 4.1

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.42 (325 - Windows 7 Edition)

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC
WindowBlinds has not been activated correctly on this PC. Please activate it again.
(Generic PnP Monitor) 1 is attached to Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Wblind.dll 2012/07/13 13:23:ll
Wbsrv.dll 2011/09/26 15:10:10
SevenConfig.exe 2012/07/09 17:44:31
Wbload.exe 2010/10/20 16:08:35
Wbhelp.dll 2011/10/04 10:01:37
Tray.dll 2009/10/23 20:12:19
Wbload.dll 2010/06/07 15:59:25
Screen.exe 2010/06/07 15:59:43

I tried the alternative procedure activate offline by submitting a file to the website and then placing the configuration file in the window blind's directory, but but neither worked.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 19, 2012 2:03:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

the only thing i can suggest apart from sending an email to support@stardock.com and getting help from there, is to uninstall windowblinds completely, and make sure you use a registry cleaner to remove all traces of the program from your system, (make sure you revert windows back to the default theme first if you havent already done so). then reboot and try the installation and activation again. sometimes this works, sometimes it does not. Other than than going through stardock support is the best option unless someone else is able to offer better suggestions. Good ,luck mate

October 19, 2012 9:12:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you Nimbin. I tried your suggest, but didn't work!

October 19, 2012 3:36:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Give support@stardock.com a shout, and we'll see what we can do.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 12, 2012 6:13:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the exact same issue and my support ticket is receiving no reply!

November 12, 2012 6:44:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What is your ticket ID?

Thanks.

December 4, 2012 2:14:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same issue here.

I can find nowhere within Windowblinds to perform an activation. A search of the Windowblinds Guide comes back with NO results for even the word "activation."

Mention was made above to an alternative activation procedure; I'd like to know what that is.

Uninstalling, Registry cleaning & reinstallation is a real pain in the ass, as is submitting lots of Support tickets.

Do you know what would be helpful? The solution posted HERE, in this thread, as opposed to individuals having to submit Support tickets.

When I run ObjectDock for the first time a screen comes up requesting my email address & serial # for activation; why does Windowblinds not do this?

My first day of installing & executing these apps and I am already getting a sinking feeling that over the course of this 1-year subscription I am going to be looking for solutions to bugs here in the Forums & submitting Support tickets A LOT. And that just sucks, I have better things to do. This problem was posted on October 18, 2012; today is December 4th. Why has a solution to this not been posted here?

<exasperated sigh>Please address this. Here. Soon.</exasperated sigh>

December 4, 2012 2:58:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting jrambo001,
I can find nowhere within Windowblinds to perform an activation. A search of the Windowblinds Guide comes back with NO results for even the word "activation."
Applying a skin invokes activation in WindowBlinds.

Quoting jrambo001,
Uninstalling, Registry cleaning & reinstallation is a real pain in the ass, as is submitting lots of Support tickets.
Multiple tickets or replies do not make things go faster or better.  Sorry.

December 4, 2012 5:22:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've been struggling with the same issue for a couple of weeks now.  In my case, I got a new computer and had to reinstall all my Stardock applications.  I also attempted the "alternate activation" process, but couldn't figure that out.  I gave up and uninstalled WB and then reinstalled it.  Eventually, that did the trick.  As Zubaz says, the trick was to try to apply a skin.  That started the registration process, which was successful. 

December 4, 2012 9:37:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Zubaz: Thank you, that worked. Tried applying purple Aero theme & it requested serial, then successfully registered.

We both know that that activation scheme is awkward, however. Consistency would dictate the same type of activation interface, throughout all of Stardock's apps, as well as some link to it via the About MsgBox, would be more appropriate.

I realize that you guys are ramping up for Win8, but I imagine the vast majority of Object Desktop users are still using XP, Vista or 7. I myself don't like the look & feel of the Metro UI and will avoid the upgrade until I am forced to.

Thanks again, & Happy Holidays!

December 4, 2012 10:22:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm glad it's working and thanks for the feedback.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000407   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.