Skinning Folder Tree Background (left side of Explorer Windows - Windows 7)

By on October 16, 2012 5:18:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

josh36

Join Date 08/2012

Hi. I just found Ministry and noticed that the left side is skinned or colored other than white. Stardock told me that it is not possible to skin this section and I have been wanting to skin it or color it blue to mimic Mac OS X so that my Mac OS X Ultimate skin will be more authentic.

Can you tell me how it's done? I copied code from Ministry but it doesn't work. This is in Windows 7

Please help if you can i would greatly appreciate it.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 16, 2012 6:29:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ministry = neone6

Why don't you try PM'ing him and asking. (although he may not give up any secrets until after the GUIC.) 

October 16, 2012 6:46:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Josh, try "edit vista/7explorer parts" "favorite links background". Use a graphic but a solid color probably works best.

edit, that may not be it either, sorry.

October 16, 2012 7:07:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you want to change the left side of the Explorer background here you go.

Open it in Skinstudio then Edit Explorer/IE Shell Parts. Go to Edit Vista/7 Explorer Parts. The second item down "Folders Bar. Leave the graphic that is in there alone. Click on that and go to Extra Settings Now you will see Background Color (Win7). Click on the drop down box on the right. if the color you want isn't in there you have to click on the button next to the drop down box. This will open Edit Colors. Now you will have to click on Apply new color preset. Then go in and make it whatever color you want and click Apply. Now you can go back into the drop down box and see the color. Click it and hit apply the WB it will ask you to save say yes.

Please note. After you modify someones skin it for you own personal use and not to be given out.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 16, 2012 8:03:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,
Open it in Skinstudio then Edit Explorer/IE Shell Parts. Go to Edit Vista/7 Explorer Parts. The second item down "Folders Bar. Leave the graphic that is in there alone. Click on that and go to Extra Settings Now you will see Background Color (Win7). Click on the drop down box on the right. if the color you want isn't in there you have to click on the button next to the drop down box. This will open Edit Colors. Now you will have to click on Apply new color preset. Then go in and make it whatever color you want and click Apply. Now you can go back into the drop down box and see the color. Click it and hit apply the WB it will ask you to save say yes.
Yup

October 17, 2012 7:12:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,
If you want to change the left side of the Explorer background here you go.

Please note. After you modify someones skin it for you own personal use and not to be given out.

Thanks Dave. I'll give that a try. I've tried a color and i've tried a graphic and so far nothing works in the skin i currently have designed. I was beginning to wonder if something in my skin was preventing it, but i'll give your instructions a try and if it won't work i'll ask again. Thanks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.