My answer to the question: "why are you so desperate to get to learn how to handle illustrator

By on October 15, 2012 2:35:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+72

i was asked this a couple of times now and i wanted to show you why...
i made this today nothing big just a quick illustration that will pretty much speak for itself and will explain the reason behind my goal.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 15, 2012 2:41:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ok i have to make another post since iam unable to insert two pics in one post... As you see in the first picture an eyeball i created quickly 
And here is the magnified size : note i could insert a picture of my room in the reflectiion on the iris and it would be still visable if you zoomed in there is no way i could do something like this in photoshop without having pixel nuggets everywhere
So that is the reason ...

October 15, 2012 2:57:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay.

November 17, 2012 6:03:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Illustrator is vector based. Photoshop is bitmap based.

Illustrator is perfect for logo's, icons, printed material because it can be scaled larger or smaller without loss of quality.

Photoshop is perfect for computer images, photo manipulations and computer content. It's also fine for icons too but some prefer Illustrator.

I just wanted to post it so that people knew why too without a demonstration

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 18, 2012 7:44:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sure but you can work with vectors in Photoshop also, still the vectors will be pixelated when you make the finished image but you can get a little more detail than usual depending on angle you can work with 1/2 pixel if you use vectors in PS... also i like the pen tool much more in illustrator since you can adjust the path later on dont know if photoshop can do that also in such an easy way.

November 18, 2012 8:20:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think Adobe should really go to work on the Vector tool in Ps. It is a major pita as it currently is and requires hours of training to use properly. Based on the popularity of vector based images and their wide usage, I'm rather surprised this hasn't happened already.

Btw, if anyone wants a good starter tutorial on this ancient tool - 

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-suite-podcast-designers/how-to-use-the-pen-tool-in-adobe-illustrator-photoshop-and-indesign-cs6/

November 18, 2012 9:48:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the video Doc.
The pen tool isnt as great in PS as it is in Illustrator and i dont understand why.. If i use the pen tool in illustrator and i make a curve ( you will end up having 2 handles one on the right and one on the left of the ankor point now i can simply click on the anker point again to delete the handle i dont want but the curve i created will stay the same and i can continue with the pen tool without affect of the handle that had just been deleted, sadly photoshop doesnt offer that. But still a good video nonless

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.