Quick Hide is "slow"

By on October 14, 2012 7:17:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

galanteg

Join Date 04/2012

The problem: When I double-click on my desktop to quick hide or quick show my Fences, the system takes like 5 or 6 seconds to hide or unhide them. Often when hiding them, the entire desktop "flickers" until the icons and fences disappear.

Some relevant information: If I set Fences to autohide/autoshow when the desktop loses or gains focus, the fences and icons appear *immediately* with no delay. I am confident that double-clicking the desktop should work at the same speed. I am running, as far as I can tell, the latest version of all the ObjectDesktop software (including Fences 2), along with CursorFX and ObjectDock Plus 2. (Yeah, I love Stardock OS customization software!)

Any suggestions? I thought I read a while back some registry edit trick that may fix this, but I can't seem to find it by searching for it when I need it (isn't that always the way?).

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 16, 2012 7:17:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, Google didn't help me find it. (I did look....)

October 16, 2012 7:48:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Are you running any other apps that affect the desktop?

October 16, 2012 8:39:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you are using Deskscapes, please uninstall it, reboot and then reinstall it from SDC as chances are you didn't get the update which sorted this problem.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 16, 2012 11:05:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, that seems to have worked for the most part. Sometimes it makes me double-click like two or three times, but then Fences responds like it should. Thanks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.