Compatibility with Clover

By on October 14, 2012 5:48:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

1/4 Life

Join Date 09/2007

Hey! Is there any chance we could get an update to make WindowFX compatible with Clover 2.0?

The problem comes from the way Clover creates explorer processes. If WindowFX tries to animate that window, Clover can no longer properly display it, resulting in a blank frame/tab. Disabling WindowFX or excluding explorer.exe from animations solves the problem, but that also breaks every other animation in the process. Perhaps we could get a simple system that checks to see if clover is installed, and if it is just leave the explorer file windows untouched?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 14, 2012 8:10:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Perhaps we could get a simple system that checks to see if clover is installed, and if it is just leave the explorer file windows untouched?

From what I can see of that 'clover' link I expect the best you can hope for is.....a simple system that checks to see if clover is installed, and if it is simply aborts the WinFX install process.

WinFX is an Explorer enhancement, not an enhancement for Explorer enhancements...

October 15, 2012 4:07:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Right, and it can enhance it as much as it likes, the only issue is that Clover can't hook those explorer windows properly if WindowFX is doing the same. It should have some sort of check for that situation, as there's a lot that could break besides just Clover. We're not talking about disabling WindowFX completely, we're talking about stopping animations on certain types of Windows if a program is installed to fix a major, major bug.

October 15, 2012 7:52:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[quote who="1/4 Life" reply="2" id="3250526"]we're talking about stopping animations on certain types of Windows if a program is installed to fix a major, major bug.[/quote]

I assume you aren't infering that WinFX has a 'major, major bug', not when the CORRECT terminology is 'conflict' with some OTHER third party program.

Unless of course you also concede that 'Clover' has a major, major bug in that it clearly interrupts the correct functioning of WinFX....

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 15, 2012 3:36:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

try  Tab Explorer and maybe it will not conflict with WindowFX (sorry I don't use WinFX)

anyway the TabExplorer tabs are nicer and colorful and best of all don't look similar to Google Chrome

October 15, 2012 6:22:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Using the default window open animation solves the problem, if anyone runs into this in the future. I would not have reported this bug if it was a Clover only issue. Any application that relies on hooking into an explorer window and displaying it elsewhere or overriding it's positioning is going to do this, and there are many of them.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.