Upgrading from Fences Pro 1.x to Fences 2.0

Recommended way, please?

By on October 11, 2012 5:58:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nwgarside

Join Date 12/2009

I'm running (purchased) Fences Pro 1.10.419.19935 and have now purchased the upgrade to Fences 2.0.

Can someone please recommend the process to upgrade Fences Pro 1.x to Fences 2.0, as the installer for Fences 2.0 doesn't appear to recognise the fact that Fences Pro 1.x is installed, and wants to install Fences 2.0 to a totally different folder.

I've cancelled out of the Fences 2.0 installation until a recommended upgrade process is given!

Thanks!

/Neil

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 11, 2012 6:58:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just installed over the top. After a reboot. Fences 2 was active.

October 11, 2012 7:23:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Can someone please recommend the process to upgrade Fences Pro 1.x to Fences 2.0, as the installer for Fences 2.0 doesn't appear to recognise the fact that Fences Pro 1.x is installed, and wants to install Fences 2.0 to a totally different folder.
Odd.  It should be recognizing F1 is installed.

What OS?

Free or full version of F1?

Installed via stand-alone, Stardock Central, or Impulse?

October 11, 2012 9:44:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OS is Windows 8 Enterprise, full purchased version of Fences Pro 1, installed via standalone (i.e., no Impulse).

/Neil

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 11, 2012 9:48:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting nwgarside,
OS is Windows 8 Enterprise,

Microsoft needs to go back to the good old days of actually releasing an OS to the public after it's been developed, and not during....

October 13, 2012 9:39:01 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How did you manage to purchase the upgrade? When I click on the 'Check upgrade' it just stays on the same page.

October 15, 2012 4:33:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting rdp2,
How did you manage to purchase the upgrade? When I click on the 'Check upgrade' it just stays on the same page.

It was a bit of a faff. At http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/download.asp select 'Check Upgrade Eligibility', enter the e-mail address associated with your Fences Pro 1.x purchase and it should return you to the original page with a message to say you're eligible to upgrade. There's a 'Purchase Upgrade' button (or a similar title - I can't be sure as it now just detects I've already purchased the upgrade)...but I remember the URL behind the button is incorrect, so you need to copy the button's link address to the clipboard, paste it into your browser's address bar but change the last bit of the URL to read "...W1205", then hit enter to continue with the upgrade purchase.

October 15, 2012 11:54:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the upgrade info. Unfortunately I don't seem to get anywhere to enter my email address when I select 'Check Upgrade Eligibility" I have emailed Stardock and raised a support ticket but both approaches have met with silence. I guess tey're not interested in providing support once they've got your money!

October 15, 2012 12:03:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

rdp2, that just isn't true with this company.  Be patient.  They WILL get to you and they WILL resolve your issue.  These are great folks.  Good luck.

October 15, 2012 12:32:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting rdp2,
Thanks for the upgrade info. Unfortunately I don't seem to get anywhere to enter my email address when I select 'Check Upgrade Eligibility" I have emailed Stardock and raised a support ticket but both approaches have met with silence. I guess tey're not interested in providing support once they've got your money!
It's Monday.  We're closed on the weekend.  Catching up time right now.  

Make sure you don't have any pop-up blockers or advert hiding software and try again.  Also, try a different browser.

October 16, 2012 12:20:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the suggestions Zubaz. I've tried that to no avail.

If I tell you Werewolf that I sent an email to support on 10 Oct, got an automated response on 11th and since then silence you will maybe understand my frustration.

Update. Tried it on my laptop and no problem so clearly something in the setup in my desktop.

October 16, 2012 12:35:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting rdp2,
Thanks for the suggestions Zubaz. I've tried that to no avail.

If I tell you Werewolf that I sent an email to support on 10 Oct, got an automated response on 11th and since then silence you will maybe understand my frustration
Ticket #?

October 16, 2012 1:42:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Zubaz

Ticket KTR-244-99089

October 16, 2012 1:58:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Please note that replying to a support ticket before receiving a reply from technical support will reset the activity counter on the ticket. This will move your ticket to the end of our incoming work queue and delay our response. This is done to prevent abuse of our support system with multiple SPAM-like replies. Please reply in such a manner only if you have crucial information to add to the support case

And we've been unable to reproduce what you describe..

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.