Fences 2 - 'Configure Fences' not doing anything

By on October 6, 2012 8:49:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Em500

Join Date 10/2012

Hi

I have uninstalled Fences Pro and installed 2.

When right clicking on an empty desktop area I see 'Configure Fences' and 'More Fences features' below that.

When I select 'Configure Fences' I see an egg timer for a split second and then nothing.

When I select 'More fences features' I am able to move into the next menu 'Click below to learn about what else Fences has to offer' however none of the items work when I click on them.

I have rebooted twice but still get nothing.  Fences seems to be working because I can draw a rectangle on my desktop and get the 'Create fence here' option and it creates the fence however I am not able to do much else.

Fences Pro worked fine.

I am running XP SP3 fully updated and well managed.

Nvidia GeForce GT 220

3GB Ram

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 6, 2012 12:11:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just wanted to say that Im happy to run any test that you may feel appropriate - I love Fences and was really excited to try 2.0.  My PC runs Norton Ghost so I can easily restore things back if something goes wrong.

October 6, 2012 12:35:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Em500, Support is off on the weekends. I'll try to get this thread moved to the Support Forum later.

You can email support at support@stardock.com and then save the automated reply and wait for a real support person to answer you, or your request will be kicked to the end of the queue.

Please try to limit your posts on this to one place. Making numerous posts won't get you help any faster.

October 6, 2012 1:08:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks DrJBHL, as I said in the other forum - I didn't realise the two areas had a connection, apologies for that.

I have sent an email as you advised, Im ready to do whatever testing is required as I cant wait to start using the new features.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 6, 2012 3:23:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Em500,
apologies for that

None needed, Em500. I bookmarked this thread to bring to Support's attention come Monday. 

Please be patient as Mondays are hectic in Support, but they're great folks who really wish to help.

October 6, 2012 3:55:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just wanted to say I'm having the same problem with Fences Pro. I had Fences installed previously and tried to install Fences Pro over it. It installed fine but when I went to configure Fences it gave an egg timer for a few seconds, then nothing. I can double-click the desktop to hide / show icons, so Fences is running, but I can't get into the configuration options.

I'm on Windows XP SP 3, 32bit, with the latest .NET stuff (just updated this morning) and Windows Security Essentials as anti-virus. I uninstalled Fences, deleted from registry, deleted from Program Files & Application Data, restarted and reinstalled multiple times - nothing seems to fix it. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Michelle

October 6, 2012 4:58:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mmvginnis, type Fences Pro in your search box, or create a shortcut to Fences.exe and put it in a dock or in your quick start bar... then just click it... should open the config window.

October 6, 2012 6:14:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Support is aware...will look into it during the work week.

October 6, 2012 8:24:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Zubaz is just the guy to help you folks. Thanks for dropping by, Zu.

October 10, 2012 4:54:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm am having a similar problem on Windows 7 home premium 64bit .  Right clicking on the desktop, then selecting configure fences brings up an empty control panel window 'Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fences'.  Running fences.exe directly has the same result.

Now I have to uninstall and go back to Fences Pro because everything is currently broken in Fences 2.  Shame, because these new features have been on my wish list for a long time now.

October 10, 2012 5:19:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting davidfinch,
I'm am having a similar problem on Windows 7 home premium 64bit .  Right clicking on the desktop, then selecting configure fences brings up an empty control panel window 'Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fences'.  Running fences.exe directly has the same result.

Now I have to uninstall and go back to Fences Pro because everything is currently broken in Fences 2.  Shame, because these new features have been on my wish list for a long time now.
Before you do that, email support so we can see what's going on and possibly fix it.

December 12, 2012 8:59:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Do you find a solution ? I have the same problem : Nothing works (cannot create or delete fences, cannot add icons to a existing fences, cannot even access to the fence configuration window, ...)

Please help.

Tks 

December 27, 2012 8:04:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, I too am having the same problem under Windows XP SP3.

I have also noticed that System Restore and "Big Fish Games Manager" are not functioning correct;y
(but whether this is due to Fences 2 or not I have not yet ascertained). 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.