Separators

Where?

By on October 2, 2012 6:48:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums External Link

AnAmazingAr...

Join Date 10/2006
+2

I've been looking around for about 2 hours to make sure this subject was not covered. If I missed it and this is repetitive  my apologies in advance. I downloaded a great background for OD2 and included in the pkg was 2 png files to be used as separators. I cannot for the life of me, figure out where I am supposed to put these images so I can use the separators. The only option I get when right clicking on a dock is "add separator"which does not give me the option to chose WHICH separator I want to use. It just creates the invisible separator default, and no option to choose. When installing the dock background where it is supposed to be placed, I DO have access to the dock itself, but not the separators. I have attached the linka bove, but I have other separators that I'm having the same problem with. Please advise and many thanks in advance. 

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 2, 2012 7:08:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

frankell wrote an excellent article about changing separators. You can find it HERE.

October 3, 2012 1:49:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WoW many thanks ViperKilzz for using my Batman 2.012 dock

and many thanks Wiz for recalling that post any way the time passed by and with O.D. 2 something changed

but not the problem to be able to resize the separators I tried 2 solutions:

the separators embedded on the dock image vers. 1 and vers.2

and the separators embedded on the icon image see here

lastly I had the iconseparator idea just to use a resized image as separator but you have to drag and drop the png directly on the dock as bonus you'll have the reflections that the normal separator don't have

also have a look here and see my comment#2 here 

October 11, 2012 10:30:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

First of all, let me apologize for my late reply. Second of all, Wizard1956 thank you so much for the link to that article, and to you FRANKELL, I am so impressed with ALL you work! I own a paid copy of OD, I also have EVERY thing you've made. You are a great artist. 

As far as the link to the separator article is concerned, I as a rookie was able to understand and execute that changes after TWO tries. I am a 3D graphic artist, using Poser 8 and Google's Sketchup 8. 

After seeing all your work, I have decided to try my hand at designing products for Stardock. Thank you!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 11, 2012 10:40:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ViperKilzz,
I have decided to try my hand at designing products for Stardock.

October 12, 2012 4:44:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting ViperKilzz, reply 3 I have decided to try my hand at designing products for Stardock.

Go for it! We're always looking for new victims, err, talent. You're gonna love it here.

October 12, 2012 7:11:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ViperKilzz,
After seeing all your work, I have decided to try my hand at designing products for Stardock. Thank you!

Only if you explain how you avoided the urge to do so for the past 6 years....

You held out longer than most....

October 12, 2012 12:25:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WooooW I'm really happy for your very kind words ViperKilzz ! 

You are welcome and your come is very promising !

don't hesitate to ask me for any tip on skinning ObjectDock

and I'm sure all the community members are ready to help you on skinning the other applications !

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.