Feature suggestion

By on September 30, 2012 3:18:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Martian_Amb...

Join Date 02/2002

I've only been using Fences for a few days. I only have a couple of desktops, but I see how this could get out of control. Since one of the descriptions likens moving to other desktops as on a smart phone, perhaps a "Home" button and the ability to designate a "Home" desktop. Another suggestion would be someplace to state the number of desktops with the ability to then "circle" the desktops. Rather like my smart phone when I reach my last desktop and I slide to the next (which doesn't exist) it then slides to the first desktop.

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 3, 2012 2:04:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

All good thoughts, will pass them along.

October 5, 2012 9:22:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would love to see a way to be able to "collapse" a fence if needed, maybe by double clicking on the title bar?  I have 7 fences on my desktop now, I don't really need to see all the icons all the time, but if I could collapse them and throw them off in a corner somewhere that would be amazing.  If you really wanted to do something amazing you could make it so fences are snapped to the edge of the screen they are closest to and then clicking on their title bar would "roll them" up or to the side. Just some ideas Thanks again for a great product and helping the world fight messy desktops one fence at at time!

October 11, 2012 3:10:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello,

I also love the idea of collapsable fences and the idea of putting an indicator on your desktop like on IOS that shows how many pages you have, what page your on and the ability to click on one of the dots to jump to that page.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 11, 2012 9:00:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Careful....Fences might just end up being the UI that windows 8 SHOULD have had....

October 20, 2012 7:10:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would love to see the a page organizer so that I can shift and shuffle the order of the pages. Another amazing feature would be an option to scroll to the left and right with mouse hover zones on the left and right side of the fences (and possibly have the zones be adjustable) instead of the tiny old school scroll bar on the right. Similar to Object dock with out the whole icon growth thing and a sizeable dead zone in the middle. Although the option for the hovered on picture or icon to enlarge would be welcome in some cases (like images). Also QWERT231 had a good suggestion of "...Icons show on multiple Desktop Pages" and catspawsd "...  have certain FENCES appear on all desktops" both would make for good features.

On a side note not entirely sure if there isn't a way to do this (did search a bit but haven't found an option or a fix). I really have an issue that my left click and drag is showing a create fence dialog whenever i try lasso multiple icons on the desktop. I like the right click from 1 but it annoys me that its doing the same for the left mouse button and like I said I haven't found a way to turn it off yet if their is one. If their isn't a way to do it yet I would Love to see an option for that.

Hugs and Kisses the Good Kind 

October 20, 2012 7:18:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry

I forgot one thing the whole auto sort thing is great would like to see it include the folder portals and possibly just random folders too. So when I drop images to desktop they move to my pictures folder and show up in my pictures folder portal automatically. So that way it will keep my desktop organized and auto clean as well.

October 21, 2012 4:55:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For TC, that 360 rotation of the desktops should be togglable via options if this is ever implemented

October 22, 2012 9:58:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is mostly just a repeat of what has already been said, but I wanted to weigh in too.

As Martian, Bryce, and JoshTheRipper have mentioned in this thread I would also love to see a "home" button and the dots like an iOS or like you see on some interactive webpages w/flash or html5 to change pages.  Upon hovering over the dots, I would also like to see an option to display the "page" name.  For instance, I have pages set up w/Fences 2 Final as Home, Office/Productivity, Projects, Entertainment (i.e., games, music, media players), Security/Maintenance (i.e., anti-malware programs, firewall, defragmenter) and others and would like to be able to hover over the dot to see the page name and click on it to get to that page.

As part of that, as Josh pointed out, I would also like to see a page organizer of some sort to move the order of the pages and even to designate which fences go w/each page.

Also, as was mentioned by the prior posters, I would love to see the pages wrap back to the "home" page, but I also like Shinra's idea of a toggle via options to enable/disable the wrap function.

I also have an issue w/the left click and drag showing a create fence dialog instead of just the right click and drag shows create fence dialog.

Thanks, I really love this product and hopefully we can see some or all of these features implemented in future releases.  Fences 3 beta maybe?

November 21, 2012 1:35:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I thought of one other thing Im fairly sure wont happen but ill still mention. Besides the whole disable fence prompts on the left click, a home button and a desktop overview page, the left and right object dock style scrolling and the auto sorting desktop drops to folder portals. I would love to see very much even if they make another program would be to add the whole paged programs with windows and programs (like my digsby contact panel) that would only show on certain desktops and maybe on the home toolbar all the programs would show that are on the other desktops.

Seriously though I don't know why it bothers me so much besides it getting in the way of lassoing icons but I really need a turn off for the left click fence prompts. At the end of the day its my only huge beef with 2.0.

November 21, 2012 2:19:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Can you make a program feature that will go to work for me and clean my house, I am tired of it getting in the way of skinning.A right or left click option to work some overtime would be good too. I could the buy fences and such!

November 21, 2012 2:25:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

here is my missing "N" in{ I could then buy fences and such}.

Quoting JoshTheRiPPeR,
I would love to see the a page organizer so that I can shift and shuffle the order of the pages. Another amazing feature would be an option to scroll to the left and right with mouse hover zones on the left and right side of the fences (and possibly have the zones be adjustable) instead of the tiny old school scroll bar on the right. Similar to Object dock with out the whole icon growth thing and a sizeable dead zone in the middle. Although the option for the hovered on picture or icon to enlarge would be welcome in some cases (like images). Also QWERT231 had a good suggestion of "...Icons show on multiple Desktop Pages" and catspawsd "...  have certain FENCES appear on all desktops" both would make for good features.

On a side note not entirely sure if there isn't a way to do this (did search a bit but haven't found an option or a fix). I really have an issue that my left click and drag is showing a create fence dialog whenever i try lasso multiple icons on the desktop. I like the right click from 1 but it annoys me that its doing the same for the left mouse button and like I said I haven't found a way to turn it off yet if their is one. If their isn't a way to do it yet I would Love to see an option for that.

Hugs and Kisses the Good Kind 
  Are there bad hugs and kisses? Good thoughts all, keep pushing for more and pretty soon Stardock can rule the world.Which could be interesting.

November 21, 2012 2:53:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

good thoughts, You can do it!

November 21, 2012 4:11:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

+1 for the collapsible Fences suggestion!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000766   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.