window 8 aero?

By on August 28, 2012 7:01:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

dsbig123

Join Date 10/2007
+1

when windowsblinds is released for windows 8, will it have the ability to had back aero?

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 28, 2012 2:58:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Right now, I don't have an answer for you.  As we get closer to the public release of Windows 8 you can expect to see more versions of our software begin to appear, and more information about what their capabilities will be.

September 20, 2012 7:53:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

38 more days till win 8 public release 

September 21, 2012 3:48:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have Windows 8 Pro now! What programs will or will not will work  at the moment?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 26, 2012 10:21:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have a technet account so both my laptop and tower has win8 pro RTM. The ones I'm using is Fences 2.0 beta' windowsFX 5' iconpackager' ObjectDock Plus v2' they work great. I have a Object Desktop account so I am hopeing a beta for windows blinds comes out soon.    

September 27, 2012 1:34:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TechNoWeb,
I have a technet account so both my laptop and tower has win8 pro RTM.

Ditto....well almost....until my laptop went tits-up.  I was going to go 'native' on it with Win8....and only have it on the main machine via VM.

Now I'm in the market for a new Lappy .... perhaps better than the s/h cheapie that karked it...

September 27, 2012 8:08:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 80sman,
I have Windows 8 Pro now! What programs will or will not will work  at the moment?

Right now, the only programs "ready" for Windows 8 are Fences 2.0 and WindowFX 5.  That's not to say other might or might not work, but they aren't officially supported right now.

September 27, 2012 8:33:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Quoting 80sman, reply 3I have Windows 8 Pro now! What programs will or will not will work  at the moment?

Right now, the only programs "ready" for Windows 8 are Fences 2.0 and WindowFX 5.  That's not to say other might or might not work, but they aren't officially supported right now.

And Start8!

EDIT: and outside of ObjectDesktop there is Multiplicity 2 which is Windows 8 compatible.

October 23, 2012 8:01:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Windows 8 dumped the Aero themes which was the last draw in my book.  Hopefuly a Windows 8 version of WindowBlinds will have Aero glass like features but for now I reimaged my system with Windows 7.  Since there are no must have apps for windows 8 and the reported speed gains in booting an UI don't seem to have much of a noticable impact on my system, I see no reason to use Windows 8.  I may add it later in dual boot mode, but for now it's a big I'll pass in my book.  

October 23, 2012 4:30:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Microsoft removed the code that allows 'blur behind' in glass windows. The API call itself is still there and available, but it doesn't work. They did the same with the Windows Start Menu code, so nobody else can use it.

I think it's the first time Microsoft ever removed functionality from Windows. Way to go, Microsoft! Not.

Since the blur behind function relies heavily on hardware shaders and is probably also tied to low level window code, adding it back will not be easy. This said, if anyone might pull it off, it's Neil.

October 23, 2012 6:42:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JcRabbit,
Microsoft removed the code that allows 'blur behind' in glass windows. The API call itself is still there and available, but it doesn't work. They did the same with the Windows Start Menu code, so nobody else can use it.

I think it's the first time Microsoft ever removed functionality from Windows. Way to go, Microsoft! Not.

Since the blur behind function relies heavily on hardware shaders and is probably also tied to low level window code, adding it back will not be easy. This said, if anyone might pull it off, it's Neil.

The removal of that option is even more stupid when you have functions like DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow which now does no such thing!

We should have more news on WB on Win8 later this week along with some info on other products too.

October 24, 2012 5:48:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

We should have more news on WB on Win8 later this week along with some info on other products too.

With Windows 8 and Surface, there will be opertunities for 3rd party developers to create new products for that platform.  As much as I feel Microsoft let the users down with Windows 8, I hope you can expend your product line into Surface.

I am going to install windows 8 in dual boot mode with 7 so I can have the best of both worlds, assuming Windows 8 will offer something I realy want eventualy.

December 5, 2012 9:33:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Personally, I think the Aero glass/blur was the best visual effect added to Windows ever.  I use the Aero glass/blur effect not only Stardock WindowsBlinds; but also for apps like Glass CMD.

Personally, I wont even think about using Win8 until there's a way for me to have just as nice of a desktop as I do with Win764 bit + stardock with Aero Glass.

December 11, 2012 10:57:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Still waiting on the info for Win8.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.