Just got all of my computers upgraded to the new beta version and was hoping that things would be better. Doesn't appear to have anything new except for design layout. I was really looking forward to the drag and drop feature but it doesn't appear to be working. I do have it enabled (checked) with in the "settings" tab configuration panel, but it doesn't work. I have tried restarting as well as turning off all my firewalls, but it still doesn't work. Seems to be a feature that is not ready yet. I am running windows 7 on all my computers, and have no clue to what is causing the problem.
Firstly are you using the LEFT mouse button to drag? We had an issue in internal testing where someone was using the right mouse button and wondering why it was not working (ex OS/2 user).
Assuming you are using the left, some things to try :
1) Does normal clipboard copying work for text etc? If not this is probably a firewall issue blocking port 30565.
2) When you drag does it let you switch computers, or does the mouse remain stuck on the computer you started the drag on?
3) Does it work either direction?
4) Is MP2Drag.exe running on the machine you started the drag from?
5) Are you dragging from explorer and dragging a file rather than say the recycle bin (which cannot be dragged between machines as it is not a real object)
6) Are you able to switch machines if you stop dragging?
7) Make sure you are not holding down any other keys while dragging like shift or ctrl or switching computers will be blocked.
8) Make sure you did unlock the features on the primary. You can tell if you did this as the upgrade tab will no longer be visible on the primary.
There are many new things in MP2 as well as the enhanced UI such as the drag & drop, the enhanced clipboard, the audio feature (not on XP though), the abilty to switch when an elevated app has focus, the lock all computers when the primary is locked feature, the echo keyboard input to all computers feature, the ability to play a custom sound when certain MP events occur (See OS sounds control panel), the ability to switch machines even when the primary is locked, has a UAC prompt up, or is not even logged in yet. Plus the protocol level changes like compression for clipboard transfers and AES-256 encryption for security.