searching forumuser

By on June 16, 2012 9:18:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

starbuck33

Join Date 08/2009
+9

is there a way to search for a certain user? i wanted my desired nickname and can't get it because it's already taken. but it doesn't seem like he or she made any post at the forums yet, so is there a way how i can contact this person by PM or mail and try to convince him to unregister?

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 16, 2012 9:34:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

lol.....

June 16, 2012 10:10:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Crap! I was going to change my nick to toyboyrobot, but now someone is using it.  Would you mind unregistering?

TIA

June 16, 2012 10:20:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Crap! I was going to change my nick to toyboyrobot, but now someone is using it.  Would you mind unregistering?

TIA
lucky you, you just need to find the guy named starbuck and convince him to unregister then you can have my name

seriously, many other boards have a search function for the userdatabase, i just wondered if it is possible to find people on this board as well.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 16, 2012 10:35:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Why starbuck, when toyboyrobot is such an obviously super nick?

Maybe u can try for stardock instead, they may be easier to contact.

June 16, 2012 11:54:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ok thanks for your helpful replies. i think they should delete users who don't post for a very long time like a year or something, that would be good.

June 17, 2012 12:00:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting toyboyrobot,
i think they should delete users who don't post for a very long time

They used to do that but ran out of room to hide the bodies.

June 17, 2012 12:03:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting toyboyrobot,
find the guy named starbuck and convince him to unregister

I see a.... starbuck1... on the horizon....  

or... starbucktoyboy   

or startoybuckboy....    

or starbuckrobotboy.......

or starbuckninjatoyboy........      

or.... buckyboy...... 

June 17, 2012 12:10:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

so funny, i get it, delete=kill and badies=bodies? am i right? hilarious, HA!

June 17, 2012 12:18:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting toyboyrobot,
i think they should delete users who don't post for a very long time like a year or something, that would be good.

The forum and product registration systems are one and the same, so it's entirely normal for there to be many accounts for people who've bought things but never posted.

June 17, 2012 12:54:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ok, thanks for the enlightening words kryo... at least there a different passwords for the stardock product site and this forum in case of a database burglary which is not so uncommon these times.

June 17, 2012 1:15:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The usernames are permanent.  Accounts are not 'expunged' but can only be banned which prevents further access by that person/nick/account.

If a nick is already registered then I'm afraid that's that....

June 17, 2012 1:41:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you can change the forum username via my account > login... so i just had to find that guy starbuck and talk to him about changeing it since he doesn't use the forum....

June 17, 2012 6:22:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Starbuck, are you sorry you asked yet? There is a answer somewhere between the jokes and snide comments, just have to find it!Luck.I must admit though, ToyBoyRobot  turns me on.

June 17, 2012 6:26:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting doortech1,
Starbuck, are you sorry you asked yet? There is a answer somewhere between the jokes and snide comments, just have to find it!

yes and no, i think i have to live with what is possible and what`s not. it endet up more informative than i first hoped.

Quoting doortech1,
ToyBoyRobot  turns me on

it did that to my ex-gf too, so have fun 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.