Not working for me, won't download anything

By on May 30, 2012 2:59:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BuckoA51

Join Date 03/2007

Downloaded and installed ok, but the installer didn't make me any icons for some reason, and not sure which directory it's installed to.

SD Central starts, finds updates to Windowblinds and WindowFX, but clicking the download button does nothing.

I'm on Windows 7 x64.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 30, 2012 3:07:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did you set SDC to download and not install?

If you click on the gear in the upper right you can change (and open) the download folder.

July 23, 2012 6:52:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah that made no difference, is it because I don't run my regular user account as admin perhaps?

Where does Stardock Central install to? the installer doesn't give you a choice of where to put it.

July 23, 2012 6:56:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

C:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Stardock\StardockCentral  ....

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 26, 2012 6:06:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks, I trust this install directory will be selectable in the final version? Anyway as I suspected it needs running as Administrator else it just sits there doing nothing when you click to install. Forgivable for beta software but hope that gets fixed.

July 26, 2012 7:15:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting BuckoA51,
Thanks, I trust this install directory will be selectable in the final version? Anyway as I suspected it needs running as Administrator else it just sits there doing nothing when you click to install. Forgivable for beta software but hope that gets fixed.

That location will not be selectable.  For what it does and how it does it's thing, that's the best place. 

The application installers are saved to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Downloads\Stardock  Is anything there?

Otherwise, it's a good time to email support@stardock.com

September 6, 2012 11:15:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Great more stuff that insists on going in the C drive, just as more of us are adding smaller capacity solid state drives as our boot drives. Don't really see why it has to go there personally, Impulse, Steam etc all can install wherever you want.

Nope, nothing in the download folder, it's as I said, if you don't run SD Central as admin it just doesn't work. Hopefully this will be fixed at least to the extent that the user is notified anyway.

September 6, 2012 11:37:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting BuckoA51,
Great more stuff that insists on going in the C drive, just as more of us are adding smaller capacity solid state drives as our boot drives. Don't really see why it has to go there personally, Impulse, Steam etc all can install wherever you want.

Nope, nothing in the download folder, it's as I said, if you don't run SD Central as admin it just doesn't work. Hopefully this will be fixed at least to the extent that the user is notified anyway.

While SDC downloads the installers to c:\ by default you can change that via the settings.  Further, if you download and don't use the automatinc installer, you can often change the path for the individual applications.

September 6, 2012 1:26:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If the software installation manager ran without admin rights, then people would be trying to install the managed software without admin rights.  A worded error notice when not in admin would be good though.

October 10, 2012 6:13:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes that would be acceptable, or just have a UAC prompt for each new installation, or just make the program ask for admin via UAC when it starts.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.