WIP-[Soundcloud]

By on May 6, 2012 3:06:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+72

started this a week ago still gathering ideas and changing items in deph and kontrast... its able to be recolored thanks to grouping layers
currently iam at 300-350 layers while i have some items merged... this is a wallpaper it helps me to get more compftable in PS w2ithout doing any side tuts+ response so far was good and some even asked if i will do a skin... to all that made a request and follow me here on WC: i dont know if i will make it into a skin ... not saying that i wont but i need to finish the concept first so stick with me on this WIP...if iam in the wrong section i do appologize since i havent found a wip for walls...
Tips are always welcome also critic

*What i want to change is the base of the flip switches it needs to be a liottle darker to get a more realistic look and to make the switches stand out more
will add a single Fader and some rubber buttons + the middle display ( prodigy) will change to a more closer look of the tuner...

This is something new to me and im having trouble setting this up without a tut but i think i made some progress that does look ok for starters...
let me know what you think

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 6, 2012 3:09:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ohh forgott something the screws have a big quality loss and i havent found a way yet to change that but im still working on it the main screw looked something more like this

May 6, 2012 3:16:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Reduce the size of the screws with Icon Developer, no quality loss. Works like a charm!

May 6, 2012 3:20:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is nice work, Roloccolor! Keep going, I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 6, 2012 6:33:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks i will try that RND...

@Starcandy thank you [e digicons]'[/e]  will continue on it again on the weekend

May 13, 2012 12:18:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

only had some minutes today but made some small  changes 

July 31, 2012 1:32:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

July 31, 2012 1:52:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

adding some in your face neon color adjusting shadows and power button highlight on a yellow color- will be set to "luminanz" on grey /blue background 

July 31, 2012 2:00:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

removing background and color applying blur/focus and some more light effects -while this looks way to much it is doing a good job since i will use the focus blur as light source later on- i will only have to adjust my layers so that the vents and so on will be on top of it - i think this is a nice method...
the boat is basically a 1-1 copy from the net i really liked it -I tried to make a rework of it and it sucked since iam not that good in illustrator to be honest... i asked bk if he could do something usefull and help me out so this is already a colab... therefore i changed the roloccolor emblem... iam not sure if i will go for the boat version yet  

July 31, 2012 4:30:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,
ohh forgott something the screws have a big quality loss and i havent found a way yet to change that but im still working on it the main screw looked something more like this

I'd think that using vector graphics that might be prevented. What are the actual image size and file extensions, Rolo?

July 31, 2012 6:58:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

the actual size of the whole thing is what you see 1920x1080 the screws however have a size of 94x93 i could make them in illustrator and copy them over but i wanted to make this in photoshop only but i guess that would be an option...
since i made the power button in illustrator already and bk made the background in it... working with vectors in ps is always a pain for me since you cant change nothing unless you (grid) if that is the correct translation and then they look blurry or they would have sharp edges making them not look round if you zoom
Bk said i should convert the whole object to illustrator and continue working there but i don´t think that would help since all the done work so far would also have edges from converting and i would have to adjust everything over...
But i will do another one after this is done on illustrator and if im comfortable in using illu i might be using it over ps and only do cosmetics with ps after im done.
While i have not watched a single tutorial for this i have to explain why i sometimes stop posting progress
i get depressed by these things quickly and mostly stop working on projects for some time if i can not get enough detail into it.I know that training is important and with enough you get better but finding tutorials is hard and finding the right thing is even harder if your PS is in german ..."most" of the german tutorials only cover basics and if you find a english tutorial you always have to watch them 5 times at a certain minute mark because you have to search the german term for one specific action...
I like the quality of illustrator but the "workflow" for my skill in illustrator is basically non existant - i need years to cut paths down since i always set the layers in the wrong place, im familiar with PS but i need to learn illustrator to actually progress and gain more detail...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.