Bug in Sublime skin

By on May 4, 2012 2:42:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Robin Siebler

Join Date 05/2002

I switched to the Sublime skin (XP) and now my system tray is empty. If I switch to another skin, I get my system tray back.

31 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 4, 2012 2:54:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

While you wait for a word from Stardock you could try switching to a blind that works then uninstall Sublime, run a cleanup program like CCleaner, reboot and reinstall.  It could be you just got a bad download. 

May 4, 2012 3:45:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Go into WBConfig, Fonts tab,  and make sure you have "Allow skin to decide on the fonts" selected (very first item in list).  If not, click on that and then "Apply Changes".

May 4, 2012 6:12:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Allow skin to decide on the fonts is selected.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 4, 2012 6:26:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The tray section image top and bottom text margins in the XP sub-style are set too high in Sublime, they are set at 5 and 5 and should probably be lowered using SkinStudio to lets say 2 and 2 to be safe and eliminate the problem. The top and bottom text margins on that image should probably not exceed 3 and 3 in most cases. If you cannot fix it yourself in SkinStudio I would write support@stardock.com as this may also affect other users.

May 4, 2012 6:47:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was able to fix it, thanks!

Now there is another bug!

If I right click on a tray icon the text is blurry and cannot be read unless it is highlighted. It also happen in the menu of some programs, like Total Commander.

May 4, 2012 7:24:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

LightStar is (of course ) right about the margins.  The disappearing systray icons seem to show up when:

a.) Fonts other than the skin's are used (we've already checked that)

b.) The font size is set to something other than "Normal" in WBConfig - I should've had you check that too.  WBConfig, Font Tab, Click on the "Normal" button on the left side underneath the "Smaller/Larger" slider, click on "Apply Changes".  If that doesn't fix the fonts, then

c.) If you have your display DPI set at something other than the default "Normal" size of 96 DPI it could be causing the problem.  Go into Display Properties, Settings Tab, Advanced button, General Tab, and see what your DPI setting is.

It's probably related.

May 4, 2012 7:32:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have Large Fonts because at 1600x1200, Small Fonts give me a headache!

May 4, 2012 7:39:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Check what DaveRI said but you can also try this.

Open your skin in skinStudio. Go to change Skin Fonts. Start at the top font and on right open change Font. Under the fonts you will see a drop down arrow. If it says "Text with Blured Shadow change it to Text (no effect) click OK then check all the fonts and change them to Test(no shadow)

The good thing with this is if you mess up you can just install the skin again

May 4, 2012 7:53:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,
The good thing with this is if you mess up you can just install the skin again.

Yep!

May 4, 2012 7:57:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Robin Siebler,
I have Large Fonts because at 1600x1200, Small Fonts give me a headache!

Now that you've adjusted the systray margins, you also might be able to get away with choosing a completely different font from within WBConfig, without losing the systray icons.  Loosening the margins does open up the possibilities.

May 4, 2012 8:08:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
May 4, 2012 8:45:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry I couldn't help You are using the xp substyle so guess you are using windows XP. I'm using windows 7 and all is good. Don't have XP or I would mess around with it for you.

May 4, 2012 9:06:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm messing around with it and I haven't been able to re-create it.  What does that look like to you guys, outlined text? - I don't think it's shadowed...

May 4, 2012 9:08:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I tried loading up Sublime in XP Robin Siebler, I did not even have the tray icons missing problem nor the menu text issue you are having so it is probably something unique with the settings of your system that is causing the problems.

May 4, 2012 9:20:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

. I loaded it on my XP laptop with default settings@1024x768 and it looks normal. It must just be a large font issue.

Hopefully, my days on XP are numbered.    

May 4, 2012 10:06:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Robin what is your dpi setting?

Also if you haven't rebooted during all this, reboot.  Fonts can be contrary.

May 7, 2012 1:35:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is a fresh install of Windows and Window Blinds. All of the Window Blinds settings are at the default value. I tried setting the fonts back to 96 DPI (and yes I rebooted) and I still get the same blurry context menu that I get at 120 DPI. And so far it is only this theme. My default black theme  - Venom doesn't have this issue.

May 7, 2012 2:55:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I played with it for quite some time and couldn't create that effect.  Since it's a fresh XP install, the only other thing that comes to mind is whether or not you updated your video drivers after the installation.

Other than that I'm afraid it's time to send an email to support@stardock.com, and include a link to this thread so you don't have to go through it all again.  At least we got the systray taken care of, but I'm afraid I have no idea what is causing your text to do that.

May 8, 2012 12:13:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm not the original author of this skin but I will check the issues, fix them and send it for a update.

Thank you guys for reporting

May 8, 2012 8:17:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting danilloOc,
I'm not the original author of this skin but I will check the issues, fix them and send it for a update.

May 8, 2012 1:33:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tried changing all the fonts to Normal Text (I'd missed that post somehow). However, it didn't have any effect. Also, I have the latest nVidea drivers. I've reported this issue to StarDock. Hopefully, they will be able to fix it.

Thanks for all of your input!

May 8, 2012 4:09:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Robin,

I updated the skin and I believe it will be in the next WB update.

Meanwhile... looking the menu font issue, some parts take a bit to refresh depending on the changes

because WindowBlinds stores cache for some settings, those are files with the extension .wb4 and .wb64

they are created inside the skin folder, if you delete them and reapply the skin, may help.

I have a .bat file that will kill all skins cache with one click if you want.

Download the .bat file here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/416294/Wincustomize/WB_cache_killer.zip

1 - Just extract the file "WB cache killer.bat" to the the WindowBlinds skins folder example:

• on XP, extract the file to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Stardock\WindowBlinds

• on Vista or Windows 7, extract to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock\WindowBlinds

2 - double click the file

3 - Reapply the skin

May 8, 2012 4:25:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting danilloOc,
Robin,

I updated the skin and I believe it will be in the next WB update.

Meanwhile... looking the menu font issue, some parts take a bit to refresh depending on the changes

because WindowBlinds stores cache for some settings, those are files with the extension .wb4 and .wb64

they are created inside the skin folder, if you delete them and reapply the skin, may help.

I have a .bat file that will kill all skins cache with one click if you want.

Download the .bat file here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/416294/Wincustomize/WB_cache_killer.zip

1 - Just extract the file "WB cache killer.bat" to the the WindowBlinds skins folder example:

• on XP, extract the file to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Stardock\WindowBlinds

• on Vista or Windows 7, extract to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock\WindowBlinds

2 - double click the file

3 - Reapply the skin

May 8, 2012 4:34:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dani rocks.

May 8, 2012 6:58:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Dani

And thanks for explaining the caching, I never knew exactly why "Fonts can be contrary" or what to really do about it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.