Theory of the Prometheus Movie

Prometheus, Halo, Movie, Cortana, Prometheus Project

By on April 26, 2012 10:07:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

highcharity9

Join Date 04/2012

I can probably say I was the first to figure it out. My friend of mine told me that when Microsoft Gaming Studioes released a quote with Cortana saying something about the Prometheus Project, I found the trailer for the movie left clues. There was nothing specific in Cortana's quote, therefore giving famous well-known director, Ridley Scott, who directed the Transformers Trilogy, and Battleship, with well-known actor, Liam Neeson, the imaginative freedom to direct and create his ideas into what has now become the movie called "Prometheus".

In the beginning of the trailer, when they show one of the ancient civilization's king looking at his hand, and his veigns get dark and start to move, that was one clue that me and my friend figured out. Another clue is the color of the pods in the crescent-shaped ship, along with the ceiling's color and movement. The other clue is the man holding the small bit of flesh on the tip of his forefinger, when he says "Big things have small beginnings" near the end of the Prometheus trailer. The last clue is when almost at the end of the trailer, the trooper yells "GET IT OUT!!!".

All of this led to my most certain and probable conclusion of what this may and MIGHT be the beginning of: The Halo movie series. Why? The color of the pods, the king's veigns, the small bit of flesh, and the trooper yelling "get it out". The pods were Flood pods. You can easily see the resemblance between Halo 3's Flood pods, and the pods in the movie trailer. In one of the terminals in the Halo: Anniversary game, The veigns of the Elite start to move and change color; same deal with the king. In another terminal, the small bit of flesh is 30x smaller than 343 Guilty Spark in the game as well. That small bit of flesh happens to be a Flood Spore. AND finally, the quote: "get it out". In the first Halo game, the VERY first thing you hear from an infected marine, while still alive, is "GET IT OOUUT!!!". IN the current trailer, that is the one thing you would hear from a real infected marine (though might be true).

We are probably now entering a new era of movie technology for Sci-Fi movies EVER made, thanks to Ridley Scott. IF what my conclusion says is true, and it is CLOSE to what Ridley Scott has planned for us, Halo Fans, we are most likely to have a world-wide sensation of the very first movie in the Halo series, Prometheus. The one thing that will determine the Halo movie's greatness, is Ridley Scott's excellent choosing of actors, actresses, and for the MAIN characters: Cpt. Jacob Keyes, Seargant-Major Johnson, and, of course, Cortana, the well-known ship-board AI for the Pillar of Autumn. Currently, I do not know whether or not this IS accurate. BUT, Microsoft Gaming Studios, having fired Peter Jackson for his poor choice of actors and deliberately refusing to accept Microsoft Gaming Studio's veto for his choice of actors, they gave Ridley Scott his first chance for bringing his well-known excellence in technology for the nation-wide sensation, the Transformers Trilogy, and Battleship. Some of you may agree, some of you may not. AS THE TITLE SAYS, THIS IS ONLY A DAMN THEORY. I DID NOT SAY THIS IS ACCURATE. iM POSTING SIMILARITIES THAT MAY EXIST OR NOT!!! DO NOT RAMPAGE ABOUT ME SAYING "IT'S NOT TRUE, IT'S NOT TRUE, IT'S NOT TRUE!!!". 

82 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 1, 2012 5:08:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

True Jafo...but the "Kids, don't do drugs" made it funnier.

May 1, 2012 5:18:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting highcharity9,
Science is THEORY! NOT fact. If I based my theory off of factual evidence, I would not have posted it. But when it's really based off of Alien, then okay, I got my sources messed up, and this theory is crap. But it's just my own opinion, so...what're you gonna do about it? You can't do SHIT just cause it's an opinion.
Quoting Jafo,
OK, 2 things....

Let's NOT call people 'DUMBASS' or your time on these forums will be short....

Re back-story to the movie....  http://www.prometheus-movie.com/articles/5 

It's not rocket science.

Thanks. The reason why I quoted both Jafos' and my replies on here is because of what I said..of course, however, not the bottom, but in the middle. Like I said: When it's REALLY based off of Alien (now that I know it is, thanks to Jafo ((thanks )) ), then, okay, I got my sources and this theory messed up, and this theory is crap. LEAST I ADMITTED IT. (don't go smart with me, asswipes (not you, Jafo, I appreciate you))

May 1, 2012 6:57:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting highcharity9,

(don't go smart with me, asswipes (not you, Jafo, I appreciate you). I'll go rampage all over your hide like there's no tomorrow for you.)

How exactly are you going to carry out that threat? Get your dad on us or something?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 1, 2012 8:06:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With all due apologies to Ms. Collins;

"And where are the clowns?

Send in the clowns.

Don't bother, they're here."

May 1, 2012 8:41:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I didn't watch the movie nor did I play the game so I know next to nothing about this but.....seems to me that a step back and take a deep breath is in order. Flaming can get you kicked out real quick so please chill out. My two cents.

May 2, 2012 1:17:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Uvah,
I didn't watch the movie nor did I play the game so I know next to nothing about this but.....seems to me that a step back and take a deep breath is in order. Flaming can get you kicked out real quick so please chill out. My two cents.

If anything, I wonder if there's a way of deleting your posts?? So I can delete this one, so....um....yeah...too bad there isn't one??

May 2, 2012 1:40:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting highcharity9,
If anything, I wonder if there's a way of deleting your posts?? So I can delete this one, so....um....yeah...too bad there isn't one??

Stardock's admins/mods can, but it almost never happens.

The reality of the Internet is whatever you do is PERMANENTLY on record.

One VERY GOOD reason for paying close attention to what you say and do on Facebook....Twitter....here.....anywhere on the Net....

May 3, 2012 11:32:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Jafo: hero of the internet

May 3, 2012 12:14:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is one dandy of a topic.

May 3, 2012 12:20:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Did you just say, "dandy"?

May 3, 2012 12:21:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Damn right I did. 

June 4, 2012 12:47:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fiction can be fun sometimes lol

June 4, 2012 1:42:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I honestly thought the OP was making a hilarious point about how Halo ripped of the Alien series for their flood. I don't mind it personally, as most sci-fi is a regeneration of a few basic themes, but the way the OP was so serious about it made me chuckle and then burst out with joy. Then I read the flamings and realized he was probably born the same day the first movie came out. No disrespect or anything, it could have very well been either, except that a Halo movie would have made more stirrings as the previous attempt failed harder than The Phantom Menace. It also worthy of note that Aliens and Halo follow the same patterns of unrelenting sequels that have stagnated after so many new additions. Nice to see everyone kept a level head about it though.

June 4, 2012 7:26:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Youth...so wasted on the young.

June 4, 2012 11:40:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tasunke,
I would say however, that it is quite possible there is some type of "body snatcher element" to the big bad meanies in prometheus. (as opposed to just more Xenomorphs)

Well, the Aliens were kinda body snatchers. I mean, they implanted an embryo in a persons chest by sending it down their throat with a facehugger, and then the embryo matured inside the persons body. Seems kinda like body snatching to me.

June 4, 2012 1:24:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is Xenomorph the official term for the Alien aliens?

June 4, 2012 3:09:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't know if it's official, but it's the most common name I have seen for it.  And I disagree about them being "body snatcher" type aliens.  Those types have to control your body or take it and replace it with a fake, these guy do a facehug rape to impregnate you...not really the same. To be a body snatcher type alien, there has to be a "fake".  Either a replacement or a mind controlled. That's my nerd opinion.

June 4, 2012 6:54:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Body snatching implies, well, taking over a body. And the Xenomorphs take over a persons body to grow an embryo. Just opining. 

June 5, 2012 3:31:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"Xenomorph" as a term might have got it's actual start in "Alien" but it's commonly used in ScFi references now for any sort of alien that has or can assume multiple forms.

The Alien queens were the real breeders but the face huggers were able to reproduce warrior drones as well.  I don't know if it was ever made clear if a face hugger could produce a queen.

All through the first alien film I kept thinking, "This is a dead end species, it has a maximum of one birth per death." (egg to face hugger to warrior). That means every time one is killed they are one step closer to extinction.

My thought during the first Alien film was that they must be artificially created but the sequels introduced the queens and the last film showed their real adaptability with the human-alien hybrid--which was itself and attempt to bump up it's reproductive capability.

It still leaves hte question, "Are the Aliens a created species?".

I'm wondering if Prometheus will reveal the actual origin of the Alien species.  I think it will.

June 5, 2012 4:21:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The face hugger that got Weaver at the end of the first movie put a queen in her. I'll bet it would work the same as bees. They make a queen when they need one.

June 5, 2012 5:05:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting seanw3,
The face hugger that got Weaver at the end of the first movie put a queen in her. I'll bet it would work the same as bees. They make a queen when they need one.

Yep--I had forgotten that.  Darn versatile species.  Glad no one knows I have one in an aquarium in my basement.

June 5, 2012 8:04:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The whole 'premise' of the Alien creature was that it was an 'insect'.  Think wasp and you'll be close....

June 7, 2012 11:40:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Saw Prometheus last night.....

Great movie it was, too....and very definitely the 'back story' to Alien/s/etc.

One thing this 'series' does better than most.....the spaceships are 'plausible'....have a real sense of scale and mass.

....and hands up those who think there'll be a sequel....

June 8, 2012 12:00:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seanw3 is right about the face hugger injecting a queen into Ripley, but it occured in the timeline between the 2nd and 3rd movies. This was a major plot hole for Aliens 3 since it is hard to believe that Ripley would put herself in stasis without checking every aquare inch of the ship for alien eggs first. Anyway, looking forward to seeing Prometheus on Sunday.

June 8, 2012 2:10:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just watched Prometheus. Gotta say i am disappointed. Even though Ridley Scott does a halfway decent job of introducing the alien movies. I have to say there are more plot holes than a swiss cheese and if not for the CGI it would be a SyFy weekday movie. My 2 cents

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.