Fringe Season 4 Episode 19 Airs today 20th/April!!

By on April 20, 2012 8:16:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

RiddleKing

Join Date 04/2006
+32

For all the evil geniuses:

Fringe airs the ultimate today where we travel in the future and more is revealed about the observers!!

Wooohooo!!

Enjoy 

18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 20, 2012 8:35:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Warning.....posting 'spoilers' will see you EXPUNGED from reality as you know it....

....either universe's....

April 20, 2012 9:23:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lol--we'll see about that.

Edit:

Spoiler tag fails hahaha must be fate

April 21, 2012 5:43:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't know...seems to be working.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 22, 2012 2:00:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

@ Jafo... what does it matter to us?  Fringe doesn't air on Oz TV because Ch 9 axed it after a few episodes yet again.  In its place they've been running reruns and more reruns, despite reasonable ratings for those episode of Fringe that did air

And from what I hear, Fringe quite possibly will be axed in the US as of season 4's end.  The excuse is low ratings, but for mine the TV moguls have deliberately sabotaged Fringe by placing it on several unscheduled breaks throughout the seasons, moving it to a Friday night in a later time slot.  According to the article's author, moving a show to a Friday night in the US is tantamount to signing its death warrant.

I have the first 3 seasons on DVD, and the plan would be to buy season 4 when it becomes available, but if it's axed leaving far to many questions unanswered, which is quite likely with only a handful of episodes remaining in season 4, I don't know that the expense would be warranted, being that I require a satisfactory closure to a show... something that wasn't provided in 'The Event'.  That ended poorly because the show was axed without adequate warning and the writers lacked the time to conclude the various issues and plots, etc.

TV moguls... predominantly they're assholes.

April 22, 2012 9:04:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bloody hell. WTF did I just watch?

Not that I didn't like it, it's a very good episode. I just hope they get a season 5, because I don't see how they will be able to provide a satisfying resolution to the loads of unanswered questions and open stories in the remaining three episodes. Unless they don't try of course..

April 23, 2012 12:09:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Satrhan,
Bloody hell. WTF did I just watch?

Not that I didn't like it, it's a very good episode. I just hope they get a season 5, because I don't see how they will be able to provide a satisfying resolution to the loads of unanswered questions and open stories in the remaining three episodes. Unless they don't try of course..

Yes, Fringe certainly requires a fifth season to satisfactorily resolve the outstanding/unanswered conundrums, but word has it that the TV station which airs it has declared that it is losing them money..."and that is hard for us to support.".

Well of course it is losing them money, the idiots in charge of programming introduced too many unscheduled breaks, so naturally some viewers will lose interest, then moved it from a Wednesday to a Friday night, when viewership across the US is at its lowest, according to ratings experts, etc.  Of course the ratings are going to suffer, but then they full well knew that.  Some commentators are saying the network deliberately sabotaged it, but more because the network big wigs decided it cost too much to produced, rather than any ratings or advertising concerns.

In its early days, Fringe was well received and enjoyed strong viewership/ratings, and advertisers were clamouring to support it... until those unscheduled breaks and other rude interruptions that saw it spiraling in the popularity stakes because it was not airing regularly and got moved to a later time slot on a poor ratings night.  So, if Fringe is wound up at the conclusion of season 4, blame the bastards who make the decisions at the Fox TV Network... yeah, those pricks because they deliberately sabotaged it to most likely replace it with some inane and ridiculous, waste of space reality/lifestyle crap.

April 23, 2012 10:16:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The programming head is a fan of Fringe and "promised" it will get an additional season.  Unfortunately, promises a year in advance by a network don't mean much.

Great show.

April 28, 2012 2:36:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am currently mad about the Fringe, or better to say, angry about local TV, which televised the first season of Fringe few years back...and i watched it and i quite liked it... the they promised to buy rights for the next season, so i decided to be patient and not to download it off the torrents... now, finally, after what 2,3 years? the SECOND season finally showed up on the screen, ofc i found out completely by accident, by the time the third episode was already aired, but anyway, guess the airing time... monday 1AM! 

But i should not be surprised, almost same thing happened with Heroes second season on the same TV and Jericho first season on the competing TV (both are major TV companies in my country), when they started airing it at 10PM thursday evening only to move it to midnight still during the first season...

Do not use torrents then, under such circumstances...

April 28, 2012 9:23:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For Fringe fans, my niece just told me that it has been renewed for a 15 episode 5th and final season.

YIPPEEEEEEEE

April 29, 2012 3:13:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I read 13 episodes, but still; great news!

I'm glad they returned to finish this storyline after last weeks 'preview(?)'.

Also, I think Lincoln is going to be pretty disappointed with his choice in universes..

April 29, 2012 3:47:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Satrhan,
Also, I think Lincoln is going to be pretty disappointed with his choice in universes..

I think the separation of universes will be temporary.

April 29, 2012 8:46:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My guess is that separating the universes was part of the Watcher's plan to invade. It seems suspicious that such a smart man would hatch a plan that is so easily countered by shutting down the bridge. I must deduce that he either wanted the bridge shutdown, or someone else tricked him into doing so. It is hard to tell since we are only seeing the story as a fictional plot with characters, instead of watching the actual dimension where this is taking place. The correct answer may just be poor writing. When will we get going on that transdimensional TV? I should encase myself in amber.

April 29, 2012 9:28:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Satrhan,
I read 13 episodes, but still; great news!

Yeah, you're right, 15 was a typo.

April 30, 2012 12:34:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fringe is still on?

And people still watch it?

Wonders will never cease.

April 30, 2012 12:47:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For those that watched s04e20

I may be out on a limb here, but there was plenty of travel between the universes before the bridge. The villains even travelled plenty of times without using the bridge when it was active. Shutting down the bridge may have stopped Jones from his latest scheme (the bridge was what allowed the psychical link between the subjects), but I don't see why it would stop him from the actual travelling. Which is why I think they overplayed the saying goodbye bits in s04e20. Clearly Jones is still going to be the main villain, and clearly the two universes will still interact. Just not on daily basis.

April 30, 2012 1:03:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The problem with that is that traveling the first time caused the worlds to collapse on each other. I think that is what made it possible for doppelgangers to cross. Crossing now that the rift has been closed would restart the process and screw over one of the worlds. Since they claimed that the bridge can't be used again, I would bet that only maybe Olivia and few others can cross. But they can probably go to many realities.

On a side note, how hilarious would it be to have a billboard in the alternate dimension that says, "Firefly Season 6. Coming this Fall on Fox." They could make some comment like, Folivia- "You guys don't have Firefly on your side?" Lincoln- "I guess I picked the right side to stay on."

April 30, 2012 1:52:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting seanw3,
Folivia- "You guys don't have Firefly on your side?" Lincoln- "I guess I picked the right side to stay on."

April 30, 2012 1:54:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There is no Justin Bieber in the other universe, so I'm sure Lincoln made the right choice.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.