Folder Redirection and Fences

By on March 17, 2012 9:56:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

networkn

Join Date 03/2010

Hi There!

I am trying to get fences working but when I login and my computer has folder redirection for the desktop enabled (Server setting) it messes all my items up..

Secondly I am trying to get it so that each time I save a PDF or a XLS into the desktop, it goes into the right fence. 

How can I do that. I am running latest pro build. 

Thank you.

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 1, 2012 6:29:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Really? No-one knows?

April 2, 2012 12:05:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am trying to get fences working but when I login and my computer has folder redirection for the desktop enabled (Server setting) it messes all my items up..
Folder redirection?  Fences layers on top of standard Window configs . . doing something odd will likely result in oddness.

Secondly I am trying to get it so that each time I save a PDF or a XLS into the desktop, it goes into the right fence. 

How can I do that. I am running latest pro build.

October 23, 2012 8:35:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Folder Redirection is not an "odd" configuration. It's a very standard thing like Roaming Profiles. 

Right now I put something into fences, log out and when I log back in again all my icons are on the desktop.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.