Skin Comments

Patch Tuesday

By on March 13, 2012 11:44:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Frankief

Join Date 09/2003
+293

Quick question? Being that it is patch Tuesday and I applied 7 security patches from Microsoft, I am no longer able to leave skin comments when using Firefox10. Everything works in IE9 but cannot submit with FF. Is anyone else having problems? Don't know if it is site related or to blame it on the updates! Any help would be most appreciated! Have tried logging out, clearing cache and cookies and logging back in! The comment box appears but with none of the headings , I can type the comment but hitting submit does nothing.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 14, 2012 12:04:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Frankie, look to see if you have tracking prevention extensions on your FF... like DoNotTrack+, Ghostery, Disconnect...

They prevent Gallery posting. 

March 14, 2012 12:40:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Maybe totally unrelated, but after applying patches from MS Windows Updates today, upon reboot, I couldn't get DX to load. I had to uninstall and reinstall DesktopX.

March 14, 2012 12:57:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
Frankie, look to see if you have tracking prevention extensions on your FF... like DoNotTrack+, Ghostery, Disconnect...

They prevent Gallery posting. 

I do have DNT Plus from Abine software but have been using it on the site in the past with no problems at all. I don't "think" it could suddenly be the problem, but will disable and try. Funny, posting in the forums is not a problem, just leaving comments on individual skins.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 14, 2012 1:17:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, thanks Doc, why it picked today to exhibit this behavior is beyond me, but disabling the add on allowed me to comment so I guess I will disable for this site and use it elsewhere to try and thwart Google's new security policy! Between the time I posted my last comment and this one, Firefox decided it needed to update to version 11. Just hate getting so many updates in one day cause if you start having problems it makes it really hard to track them down!

March 14, 2012 1:25:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Me again! Found a setting within the Abine software to exclude WinCustomize from DNT so that makes things much easier! Just took a couple of mouse clicks so now I do not have to completely disable the plugin! Yeah!

March 14, 2012 2:38:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Good on ya, Frankief        -- Ace --

March 14, 2012 6:02:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Lets see if mine works.

Yup.

March 14, 2012 9:45:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not seeing any problems here after doing the MS updates.

March 14, 2012 12:34:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Lets see if mine works.

Yup.
lol..this wouldn't be a skin comment, Ross. 

March 14, 2012 12:34:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frankief,
Me again! Found a setting within the Abine software to exclude WinCustomize from DNT so that makes things much easier! Just took a couple of mouse clicks so now I do not have to completely disable the plugin! Yeah!

Now that made me happy. Thanks, Frankie. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.