Nooby Question??? Please Help

By on February 19, 2012 1:26:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

knotreeltight

Join Date 02/2012
+5

Hi All,

Hope I posted this in the correct place... I am new to the Stardock thing and really seem to like it so far... I had question regarding a skin that doesn't seem to operate correctly, I have loaded downloaded several skins from wincustomizer website and all seem to have loaded fine. I notice at the top cornrer of this particular skin where the page arrow keys are located (Left Top) that no matter what I do the skin won"t cover the background and it is constantly sort of blue color behind the keys. Can anyone explain how to get the skin to operate correctly somehow? I have removed and re-installed Stardock and this skin and the problem persists. When I run WEI the problem stops but then comes back when it has finished running.

I am also having a problem trying to view files in My Document's and always get WB4 in a widow or a list of files...

I am running Windows 7 home premium edition  and have a WEI of 4.1 on the low end if that will help... 

Thank you in advance,

KC-

35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 20, 2012 4:07:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Disturbedcomputer, Sorry for the confusion... what I mean by the home page is the page (browser) that is opened once you click Internet Explorer and has the blue navigation keys at the top to go through the pages similar to those in your pics accept on the home screen. If you look at the photo I posted you can see some yellow behind the arrow keys in the furthest top, left corner. The yellow there is my desktop gadget coming through the background.

Rosco_P, Thanks...

February 20, 2012 5:41:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have also noticed that the "Magma" WindowBlind looses the window minimizer icon when I have it running... What in the world could tis be???

February 20, 2012 7:04:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting knotreeltight,
If you look at the photo I posted you can see some yellow behind the arrow keys in the furthest top, left corner. The yellow there is my desktop gadget coming through the background.

your Reply #17 image don't work.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 20, 2012 7:23:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It shows up on mine... I'll try again

February 20, 2012 7:24:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Disturbedcomputer,
1) She didn't make any Graphic for that part

0r

2) Did not name it correctly

or

3) Something else

1. I did

2. I did

3. Bingo! I designed it that way. What you see there are bullet holes (emphasis on 'holes'), so you see your background through them until they become active.

What I think knotreeltight is seeing is the transparency I used behind the buttons showing through in IE9.

I designed this skin before IE9 was out, so it will not look right, the default transparent buttons make it look like crap.

...it needs updating.

February 20, 2012 7:54:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Xiandi, You hit it on the head!!! I really like this skin and you do excellent work!!! The bit in the photo is exactly what I've been trying to repair if it were possible. I was not sure if it was my machine or the WindowBlind skin itself.

Thank you for the help...

Please let us know if you get this one updated...

February 20, 2012 8:38:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's actually a fairly easy fix..... gimme a day, and I'll have it fixed for you.

Send me a PM with your email address in it, and I'll send the updated one to you when it's done.

February 20, 2012 9:51:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Xiandi, PM sent...

Thank you all here for the help!!!!

February 20, 2012 10:38:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, that took a lot less time than I thought it would....

Gonna update it in the gallery now.

February 21, 2012 12:18:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.