Paypal "pending" ?

By on February 12, 2012 9:53:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

coderx2

Join Date 02/2012

I've recently bought, oh hang on, I should say "tried to buy" windowsBlinds.

The payment went through paypal, paypal says the money is gone, but the account sits in "pending", also on the website customer area the product is still sitting in my "cart".

I've never experienced anything like this before, most companies you click paypal, pay, get goods. Here it seems there is some delay in the system, it looks bad, makes me wonder if everything is on the "up and up".

Much as I'd "like" the software, if it's going to be a 2 week excercise bouncing through support pages and waiting waiting waiting, then really it's not worth it, I would rather cancel the order get the money put back into paypal and move on.

Alot of companies whinge about pirates etc, but if they are providing a "better" service than you can, then what do you expect.

For example : Stardock : - click buy now : create an account (no choice here) : choose payment method : enter infomation : paypal order sits there dormant for a day / 2 days : no email / indication of why / whats going on. : post support ticket / post on forums : wait : wait : wait : unresolved as yet.

Pirates : - Click "download" or type the command to the bot : download : install : done.

See the difference there ? - now while it's understandable that a user may need to create an account for future updates etc, it's not understandable that in this day and age especially using paypal that an orders delivery is anything but instant. Or at least an email explaining the process and why.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 12, 2012 10:10:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

coderX2 it's currently 22.06 Sunday night...Stardock time.  I would expect your order to be processed after 8am Monday, Stardock time [Michigan].

Some purchase processes are not 'instant' as methods of payment can often be held pending to determine if there is any issue with an account.

No-one is in Stardock's office at this time [and I do not have access to SD's account system since I am outside the US and thus prohibited].

Your purchase should be sorted first thing in the morning...

February 12, 2012 10:11:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Support will take a look first thing Monday morning (Eastern time).

It's possible your order got stuck in a process. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. We always take care of it though.

February 12, 2012 10:20:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the replies, as to the office hours etc, most other software companies that deliver via online means using paypal have automated systems that deliver the software to the user regardless of office hours.

This for me is not a major issue, but may I suggest something that lets the user know that an actual person is required to finish the order, as like myself many would assume that paypal / online purchase would be instant and automated, so regardless of weekday / weekend / night / day it would go through all the same.

Having the information that a person is required during office hours makes the delay make sense and removes alot of the "what the...." from the situation.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 12, 2012 10:47:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Normally things go through without issue, but every now and then the proverbial happens.

What'd be handy is perhaps a notification which kicks in WHEN things go wrong that says "Please be patient, all will be sorted ASAP during standard office hours, as human input at Stardock's end is needed."

[or some such]....

....but then sod's Law states that were that to be the case it'd be the notification that went screwy as well...

February 13, 2012 8:30:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

At this point, the order has gone through, so you should be able to download it from here:

http://download.stardock.com/

As for what caused the delay, it's hard to say after the fact, but most likely, your order was filtered due to our fraud detection measures, which sadly sometimes trip legitimate orders.  We then process those manually if they turn out to be legitimate.  It doesn't happen often, fortunately.

April 5, 2013 10:19:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi there,

Same issue here. I used my business paypal account I've had with them for ages, never had this problem before.

I added WindowBlinds 7 and walked through the Payment process including creating my actual account. Paypal was my method but I noticed that the final price wasn't displayed anywhere. Completed the payment process and paypal mentioned something about the funds are placed on hold.

I almost ended up walking through purchasing another order just to make sure I wasn't crazy. Why isn't there any product order confirmation email?

How long do I have to wait until I can download a digital copy of WindowBlinds 7?

Regards,

April 6, 2013 1:40:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

support79 ...if Paypal indicates there's a 'hold' on the funds you will need to wait until Business hours US-time for Support to sort out the issue.

In the interim it'd be appropriate [particularly considering the forum in which you have posted] to have chosen a different Nick - other than 'support' ...

April 8, 2013 10:36:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Opps, sorry about that. The nickname "support79" must have been a default since I didn't actually choose any. I'll have that updated shortly.

I also put a ticket into the sales department in regards to this, #ULE-565-21276. Hopefully I hear something back from them today.

Thanks for the info.

UPDATE on Nickname:

It seems that "support79" was chosen automatically during registration, there doesn't seem to be a way I can modify that. I registered with my support email account which starts with "support@", so i'm assuming that it based my nickname off that.

How am I able to change the nickname?

April 8, 2013 10:42:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Your best bet is to log on with the same email/password that you used in your software purchase.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.