Windows XP Usage Increases in January 2012

Now ain't that a kick ...

By on February 2, 2012 10:04:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

LightStar

Join Date 12/2002
+447

Apparently Windows XP is not dying as much as people thought, its percentage of use actually went up last month.

http://www.windows7news.com/2012/02/01/windows-xp-usage-rise-january-2012/

Don't count it out yet!

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 2, 2012 10:09:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Eh, not sure a barely 1% increase means anything.  XP is old and done, time for people to move on.

February 2, 2012 10:16:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Eh, not sure a barely 1% increase means anything.  XP is old and done, time for people to move on.

Well, that may be ID, but apparently many companies absolutely refuse to upgrade and expect Microsoft to support until they decide it's time to change. Personally I prefer XP to Vista or 7 myself, it looks a helluva lot better IMO, and I will hold onto it and continue to skin it until Microsoft drops support, supposedly in 2014, but I hope not. Of course I have Vista and 7 also.

February 2, 2012 10:40:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,
Personally I prefer XP to Vista or 7 myself, it looks a helluva lot better IMO, and I will hold onto it and continue to skin it until....

..."I" decide it's done.  

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 2, 2012 10:51:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It prompted me to look at the WC numbers again, and XP barely has 25%.  Windows 7 dominates all other OS's for visitors to WinCustomize.

February 2, 2012 10:55:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Windows 7 dominates all other OS's for visitors to WinCustomize.

YAY!!

February 2, 2012 10:57:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think the main reason why people are holding onto XP is because, like Win7, it works, unlike Vista with the exception of those few who have had no difficulties with it. Like the old saying goes ... "If it ain't fix ... don't broke it." (Quote from my book)

February 2, 2012 11:13:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
I think the main reason why people are holding onto XP is because, like Win7, it works

That about sums it up. Nothing drastically wrong with 7...it's just that XP works better. And when MS decides to stop supporting it its no big deal. I have other stuff that the manufacturer doesn't support and it still works...so why get rid of it? I just don't buy into the whole "you gotta have the 'supposedly' latest greatest thing" attitude. XP has always done what I needed it to do and continues doing just that. It's just that simple.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.