+413

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR BIGGER

13 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 22, 2012 11:22:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Actually installing a .TileSkinZip file should automatically switch Tiles to that skin.

January 22, 2012 11:57:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,
Actually installing a .TileSkinZip file should automatically switch Tiles to that skin.
I know Neil, but people keep asking me so I just wanted to give them this so maybe they get some sort of insight as to how it all works...kinda  Alot of the questions have been about how to change skin and apparently Just explaining it in words for some reason did´nt cut it for them.

January 22, 2012 12:44:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I dont get anything when i double click it. It doesnt do anything at all.  Doesnt even register as a proper zip file. i can unzip it but i have to manually do it with 7 zip. but it never provides dialog or anything when double clicked

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 22, 2012 12:51:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It doesen´t sound like you have "Tiles" software installed at all ???

You MUST have the program to run it if you wan´t to use the skins...

January 22, 2012 12:52:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
January 22, 2012 12:56:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have that software but it is doing nothing.  I have the bar on the side with apps, docs, and my tiles but it wont let me change it from default.  

January 22, 2012 1:03:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Sensui_Akamichi,
I have that software but it is doing nothing.  I have the bar on the side with apps, docs, and my tiles but it wont let me change it from default.  
OK... Do THIS: UNinstall TilesSoftware totally from your system. You probably have some corrupt download due to whatever...

-Run a System clean like "CC-cleaner" -Do a "Registryclean" with similar program and reINSTALL Tiles from scratch.

[e digicons]'[/e] I really hope that it will work after that.

January 22, 2012 1:24:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No luck, so apparently i am screwed when it comes to tiles. But i guess i can deal with that seeing as i have everything else. Thanks for your help and patience in dealing with this problem.

January 22, 2012 1:53:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Sensui_Akamichi,
No luck, so apparently i am screwed when it comes to tiles. But i guess i can deal with that seeing as i have everything else. Thanks for your help and patience in dealing with this problem.
Do not give up yet !!! Neil Banfield who replied up there is the constructor of "Tiles" and He maybe can help you in a more "Deep" fashion.

NEIL !

January 22, 2012 2:17:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Im not giving up, just busy designing web sites as well, lol. so im here and there, trying to fix it shen i take breaks. I honestly dont know what the deal is. In your image up top it show the skins option in the configuration which i do not have that option. I think im stuck on Metro blue or something, and it doesnt want to change for anything. 

January 22, 2012 2:51:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Sensui_Akamichi,
Im not giving up, just busy designing web sites as well, lol. so im here and there, trying to fix it shen i take breaks. I honestly dont know what the deal is. In your image up top it show the skins option in the configuration which i do not have that option. I think im stuck on Metro blue or something, and it doesnt want to change for anything. 
Maybe you can´t change skins in the "Free" trial version, but I don´t know.... It´s not expensive though...

January 22, 2012 4:48:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Third party skin support is a paid feature.

You either have to own Object Desktop, the Tiles bundle feature, or the third party skin support feature from the Add Features page.

January 22, 2012 5:24:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,
Third party skin support is a paid feature.

You either have to own Object Desktop, the Tiles bundle feature, or the third party skin support feature from the Add Features page.
That sorted it fast. Thanx for stopping by Neil.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.