Searching for Wallpaper Offered

By on December 12, 2011 3:07:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OneShoe

Join Date 10/2010
+5

A month or so ago I noticed a wallpaper that I loved shown behind a gadget or other desktop customization that I just loved. The person, in his or her description, said if anyone wanted the wallpaper shown in the screenshot to send him/her a PM. I wrote down him/her user name ( member name ) to send a PM later asking for the wall but then lost the note it was written on. Since then, I've searched and searched the site looking for the gadget or whatever that had the wallpaper shown behind it, but to no avail. I also diligently searched the wallpaper section but I don't believe it was ever offered there and did not find it, anyway. It was a wallpaper ( background ) showing a woman ( not a photo, though ) and she was wearing a white hood of some sort  and she was out in the falling snow. The predominant colors were, if I remember corectly, blue and white. If anyone could help find the page or gadget/widget showing the wallpaper or tell me who it might have been who offered it, I would appreciate it very much as I would really love to have that wallpaper! Thanks in advance.

19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 12, 2011 3:16:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What type of gadget was it, what did it do?

December 13, 2011 6:27:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't actually recall....my bad. It might not have even been a gadget that it was shown with. Probably wasn't a "widget", though,  as I don't usually look in that area, nor at the Windowblinds very much either, as I don't have the software required to use either one.  I just said gadget as that's the area I download most from and often look through and check most often. It might have been most anything. Sorry I can't be more specific as I wander around looking at all the customization options, as well as screenshots, and it could have pretty much been anywhere. Thank you for trying to help me as I really appreciate it.

December 13, 2011 10:49:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not alot to go on here OneShoe. 

How long ago was it? If you can remember when it was that will help.

Can you remember if you saw it on the WC Home Page?

Your title 'Searching for Wallpaper Offered'.  Did you check the WinCustomize Gallery Wallpaper Library?

Did you by any chance save the PM you sent?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 13, 2011 11:04:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Philly, I searched the Gadget Gallery back to 4/11 and found nothing like that.

If OneShoe is correct as to the timing, the member must have taken it down. Not much to do in any case.

December 13, 2011 11:43:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Snow Angel    ?

December 13, 2011 11:59:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Where's it from, Jim? I thought it was a wall behind a gadget...

December 13, 2011 12:01:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh, lol a boot skin. Probably not it...

Guess I should have posted a link...

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/bootskins/1571/

December 13, 2011 4:28:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That image is gorgeous. I don't use Boot skins but this was too nice to pass up. Thanks Jim.

December 13, 2011 4:38:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I didn't make it Uvah...but you're welcome. BTW Uvah, DO NOT try to use Bootskins on Windows 7!!! 

December 13, 2011 5:57:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks, all you guys, for being so nice in trying to help me find the wallpaper. The one Redneck Dude posted is very pretty but isn't the one I was referring to. ( but thanks a bunch for trying to help me, sweetie ). The girl in the wall I saw and wanted was more close up and, if I recall correctly, it showed the side of her face in the hooded jacket ( parka/coat? ) which was blue or white. Sorry, I've not given enough info to make it easier to find but that's about the best I can do. As far as when it was that I saw it, I'd say about a month ago. ( I often wander around deep into the older uploads so it might have been offered a good bit back, though ) I never got around to sending the PM as I was in a hurry that day and then evidently cleaned notes off my desk soon afterward, and in doing so, unfortunately lost the user's name and couldn't send a PM nor then find the wall or whatever it was shown behind. I've went pretty deep into gadgets, etc. and several other areas but to no avail. Oh, well, it was worth a shot asking.

Thanks again for any help you gave or can give. You're all very nice and sweet!

December 14, 2011 6:06:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I found one very similar on the net and am now using it so I think it will do. This one has some red in it and is kind of purple tinted so it's a little different from the wallpaper I remember seeing here. Here is a screenshot of my desktop with the wallpaper I found last night on the net on another site. The weather gadget at top is "Picture This" by Richard Mohler ( relhom ) . I may switch to another weather gadget or add a calendar and maybe other gadgets when, or if,  I find something that matches and that I like.

Thanks everyone for trying to help! 

OneShoe ( Jenny )

December 14, 2011 6:23:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

seems like you've all done the searching...so I won't rego down that road.... but I did spot this one you may like....   link..

December 16, 2011 4:04:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks very much, hon! The one in your link is cute, too.

December 16, 2011 4:58:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
That image is gorgeous. I don't use Boot skins but this was too nice to pass up. Thanks Jim.

Uvah, You can get the original wall here:  http://titusboy25.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=snow+angel#/d1p7dk9

December 16, 2011 6:40:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you Frankief. I tried to get the image from the bootskin but sadly it didn't work. I thought maybe I could extract it somehow. Good thing is the resolution is close to mine so there won't be any noticeable distortion.

And not to worry Jim. I'm crazy, not stupid. lol

December 20, 2011 8:30:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

December 20, 2011 9:02:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did you try the Sysmetrix gallery?

December 20, 2011 9:54:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting willistuder,
Did you try the Sysmetrix gallery?

I haven't looked there recently but will go now and look around. Thanks!

And AZDude, those two wallpapers are very pretty, too!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000296   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.