Flock of Dodos

Intelligent Design vs. Evolution

By on December 11, 2011 2:46:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

BoobzTwo

Join Date 02/2004
+17

Dr. Michael Behe’s example of Mt. Rushmore was particularly humorous. All he did was shift the emphasis to man’s enhancements and use that as some kind of useful example. The question should have been how the mountain got there to be carved by man … not what man did afterwards? Piss pour example if you ask me and yet these guys see “Mt. Rushmore’s” in most cellular activity, well wasn’t that a result of man … not anything more intelligent, hahaha. Take the work of man out of the picture and all you have left is another mountain which would make for another piss-pore argument. You have to love rabbits though, hehehe. Intelligent design is little more than creationism pseudoscience repackaged. Bible thumpers and goobers hahaha … perfect. Science is ever changing and improving while religion is firmly fixed in its ideas based on a two thousand year old philosophy.

On Netflix at   http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Flock_of_Dodos/70076348?trkid=2361637

They pulled their clips (???) so I put this one here in its place, sorry. MTCAKABT

139 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 11, 2011 4:53:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ROFL. Good find Boobz.

These guys will drink any flavour of wack-job kool-aid. 

Intelligent design was thought up by rabbits while eating their own crap. 

December 11, 2011 8:17:22 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Hello myfist0 long time no see. I do not expect much in the way of responses here from the flock anyway although, if they were actually serious, I would think they would try to find the truth instead of pretending they already know it. And all the while they are trying to obfuscate the actual research and the sciences. “All you have to do is believe” … sounds like a line out of “Peter Pan”, hehehe.

December 12, 2011 1:48:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a few things to say about this debate:

Jesus Wept.   

Lord Xia Laughed. 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 13, 2011 8:07:58 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
I have a few things to say about this debate:
Lord Xia, I only counted two things, hahaha ... cat got your tongue, or just a brain fart, hehehe.

December 13, 2011 7:32:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My fist... nice to see you on the boards again.   BTW, I am very distrubed by your insulting language.  Why are you insulting the rabbits?

December 13, 2011 7:52:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why are you insulting the rabbits?

Don't get me started  .

Have you read Watership Down or seen Donny Darko or been raised watching a cross dressing rabbit?

I had a pet rabbit that would beat up my 25 pound cat and that cat scared big dogs.

EDIT: Just haven't been on Joe User. The Movies thread is cross linked with my game forum so I see these. If Boobz or Elana see a topic worth me jumping into feel free to P.M. me. 

December 13, 2011 8:10:29 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting myfist0,
I had a pet rabbit that would beat up my 25 pound cat and that cat scared big dogs.
Hahaha, I had two 'ferocious' black and white cats that were the terror of the neighborhood. Many times I (LMAO) watched these ruffians chasing one dog or another out of the general vicinity of their kingdom, hahaha. 

December 13, 2011 10:29:58 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

But of course it is science.   Intelligent design must exist because as John Calvert put it "because it all looks designed".

Pretty sad answer coming from a lawyer. No wonder he made a career out if it. With answers like that I certainly wouldn't hire him to defend me in court. With those kind of answers the only people that will provide him an income are people who accept simple answers to complex questions.

It's simply another way the political machine uses something to influence  people into voting a certain way that may actually be against their own interests. What is funny is that Bush pushed the idea while campaigning and then appointed the Judge that ruled against it in the court case in Pa. Actions speak louder than words. When will these people figure out that they are being exploited. Obviously not this time around. Looks like they think Gingrich is a changed man because he says so, yet they ignore his actions which prove otherwise. Very sad state of affairs I would say. Although rather humorous at times!

December 13, 2011 10:44:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

^Smooth answer^ 

December 13, 2011 11:02:22 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Does the same kind of crap go on in Canada myfist0? I suspect the politicians spin everything but do they go to the extent that some people go to here to gain political power? Do they exploit religion there as much as they do here in the States? Do you find this kind of thing better comedy than Red Green?

December 13, 2011 11:15:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not a chance in Canada. Your politics give us the giggles. I cant even remember  religion being brought up. Stick to the issues or be shown the door.

Your news is heavy on the propaganda side which we find rather sad. Generally Canadians get more upset at the person paying for the attack ad so only the really desperate use them and they are nothing compared to some I seen your guys use.

We really have no high hoarse though as all our politicians balls are in the queens  hand bag. 

December 13, 2011 11:22:52 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting myfist0,
politicians balls are in the queens hand bag

So the only unanswered question is whether that is better or worse than what we have...the politicians hands all over the corporations ball bags? 

December 13, 2011 11:35:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I do think that USA calling itself a democracy is funny. You guys have corporatocracy, hence the OWS movement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatocracy

December 14, 2011 12:01:56 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting myfist0,
You guys have corporatocracy, hence the OWS movement

No question about it...The Tea Party started because of some of that also. Its roots are in the libertarian party but were immediately taken over by big monied interests. They are trying to do things from within the system and I am guessing they will fail. The people who they got elected will either jump on the bandwagon or get thrown out of congress because if they don't get in line the monied interests will make sure they don't get reelected. Wait and see. That is probably why OWS does not jump on the Democratic bandwagon. They already know that would more than likely fail as well.

December 16, 2011 11:45:31 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

For some reason, the antiquity of the world/universe is only available to the faithful, strange that hahaha. Ever wonder how that all comes about for newcomers? Everything else in our lives is produced through science in one way or another, from man’s medicine, surgery, inventiveness and accumulated knowledge … gads … but we are too stupid to study or understand any time besides the present. I guess the faithful missed out on the gene that restricts the rest of humanity from studying or understanding the past or the future??? OMG the rest of us are history blind … oh nooo. And stranger than that, those of faith can see and understand nothing that was not obvious to mankind two thousand years ago obviously in the prime of human development when man was peaked out on intellect, insight and real knowledge, hehehe. And they know everything …

December 17, 2011 4:32:38 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The Wedge, a fund raising document from the Center for Science and Culture that set forth the group's (IDC) "Governing Goals":

* To defeat scientific materialism and its destructive moral, cultural and political legacies.

* To replace materialistic explanations with the theistic understanding that nature and human beings are created by God.

What other scientific FIELD has been attacked with such fervor by the theologians? If science is bad … why isn’t all of it under attack then? There doesn’t seem to be a conflict in medicine, computers and technology, mathematics or physics, astrology or astronomy. Our engineering skills are not questioned nor is our prowess in archeology or geology (except for carbon dating). Where is the all-out attack on that nasty bug we call science … it doesn’t exist? I don’t know why anyone would seek a priest or a church for a better understanding of science???

December 17, 2011 6:06:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Religion is just another system of control invented by the powerful who you will notice are as wealthy as small nations.

As people lose their homes and retirement savings they will say that you are now in gods grace as they write this dribble from a 10 million dollar yacht with minimum wage servants all around to wipe their ass with silk.

December 17, 2011 8:46:59 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

myfist0 hahaha ... best short answer I have heard in a while, accolades! It is so difficult … no impossible to talk to the hypocritical and hateful ‘Happy People’. I guess in all that bliss the truth is bound to become unimportant hehehe.

December 17, 2011 9:12:40 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting BoobzTwo,
that set forth the group's (IDC) "Governing Goals":

Their governing goal is to make money. What they state on their website is what they use to get people to donate or buy their wares so that they may achieve their true goal of acquiring wealth.

December 17, 2011 11:44:01 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I suppose most power struggles eventually brake down to $$$'s in the end analysis. But my interests here for the most part, are the hopes of keeping any of this theological nonsense out of the public school system. This is probably the only corruption left that hasn’t been experimented on with on our children. God (just kidding) please spare them this additional handicap as they seem to be learning little enough now that is practical.

December 17, 2011 11:51:55 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting BoobzTwo,
But my interests here for the most part, are the hopes of keeping any of this theological nonsense out of the public school system

The courts usually get things like this right in the end and there is a lot of precedence on this issue. One thing the Political Parties love to do is try to implement laws that they know will end up bogged down in the court system. They don't want the issue to get settled because then the flock goes away. This is one of those issues. Personally I don't think it matters if this ends up in the classroom. All you have to do is teach your own children why it is there. In that context it is science....Political Science.

As an atheist I could care less about keeping religion out of the school system because the fight amongst the various religious sects is what rooted it out to start with and is what will keep it out in the future.

December 18, 2011 1:27:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
I do think that USA calling itself a democracy is funny.

For the record, the USA calls itself a Republic.  Its the poorly educated masses that call it a democracy.  What's sad is when the pledge of allegiance was said in school every morning, this fact was never mistaken.  "I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."  That whole separation of church and state issue has changed things and the pledge is never uttered anymore.  And people wonder why patriotism is in the toilets.

December 18, 2011 3:19:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
Its the poorly educated masses that call it a democracy. 

Contrary to American beliefs, the rest of the world does not pledge allegiance to your flag. 

I believe Americans primarily use Webster's Dictionary? That lists Democracy as a synonym to Republic and vice versa. Also read that republic is a form of democracy. Does not Yale, an ivy league school know it is not a democracy? 

The past few decades have brought a shift in the nature of American democracy—an alarming shift that threatens such liberal democratic values as respect for pluralism, acceptance of the separation of powers, and recognition of the rights of opposition parties. In this insightful book, political scientist Alan Wolfe (<--poorly educated) identifies the current political conditions that endanger the quality of our democracy. He describes how politics has changed, and he calls for a democracy protection movement designed to preserve our political traditions not unlike the environmental protection movement’s efforts to safeguard the natural world.
http://yalepress.yale.edu/book.asp?isbn=0300108591 

So why would a country that's not a democracy go around the world spreading democracy with smart bombs and drone missiles? I guess that "Spreading the republic" sounds a little Empire. Not as easy to brainwash the sheep with that term.

December 18, 2011 10:47:40 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Stant123,
For the record, the USA calls itself a Republic.
It has been my experience that people just don’t know as much as they should in the realm of practicality. Democracy seems to be the buzzword we use to describe our benevolent desire to enlighten the rest of the world with all those things the USG feels obligated to impart … and insists on it.  

Republic applies to the State or Nation itself while Democracy implies a mood of fairness, classlessness, consensus and egalitarianism … all the things we have bastardized for ourselves and desire to do the same for everyone else.

I don't think the absence of 'the Pledge ..." or "a prayer" can compete with all the other 'competition' (Nintendo, Sony etc.) ... they don’t even makes a dent in the child’s education. It is the "system"!

PS: You were right about prayer in school myfist0!!! I have been on a tangent ... but I am back now.

December 18, 2011 12:11:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting BoobzTwo,
I don't think the absence of 'the Pledge ..." or "a prayer" can compete

Conditioning a child every day from the age of 5 to run if front of a machine gun at the age of 18 was a very powerful tool.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.