Game forum threads ???

Should NOT be here

By on December 9, 2011 1:27:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

neone6

Join Date 12/2010
+413

What´s up with all these game-forum threads ???

They should be taken away from WC as they are not what WC-threads should be about at all, taking up forum space and are irritating in general for us Wincustomizers

152 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 13, 2011 6:07:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
I see now we have a category called 'business'. What's in there looks just like spam to me.

Is...was....no more.....

December 13, 2011 6:25:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

glad I waited for Jafo's post on the business post, but darn, loses some continuity

WE NEED TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO PICK AND CHOSE WHICH HEADINGS WE WISH TO VIEW.

oh, and I just love the god topic post. such fun.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE SELECT ONLY THOSE HEADINGS THAT ONE WISH'S TO PARTAKE IN.

okay, I give up. what is the purpose of have some of the JU threads being posted on the WC site? did we wish to liven things up a bit? did we fall out of bed and bump our head? or maybe it's along the lines of "we don't care, because we don't have to".

oh, and off with thier heads.

December 13, 2011 12:21:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Vampothika,
lol tell that to Michelangelo. or the sculpter who did the esquisite sculptures(called the living sculptures of Pemberly) in the modern version of pride and prejudice (with keira knightly)...they are simply breathtaking...

The quote you used was massively taken out of context to suit your purpose. What I said was that sometimes a sculpture is just a sculpture. And it's a little hard for me to tell Michelangelo anything as he's been dead for the last 447 years. For all you know ''The Living Sculptures of Pemberly" were designed by one artist, but created by a team of artists. You are talking about a film after all. And that is how a Sculptor such as Anthony Gormley creates his work. Also, you may want to cite the name of somebody who isn't recognised as an artist, which Michaelangelo was, and the creator(s) of the Pemberly sculptures are.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 13, 2011 12:39:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hmmmmmm, why are the Impulse Community thread posts still showing here too?

December 13, 2011 12:39:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Starcandy,
Quoting Vampothika, reply 99lol tell that to Michelangelo. or the sculpter who did the esquisite sculptures(called the living sculptures of Pemberly) in the modern version of pride and prejudice (with keira knightly)...they are simply breathtaking...

The quote you used was massively taken out of context to suit your purpose. What I said was that sometimes a sculpture is just a sculpture. And it's a little hard for me to tell Michelangelo anything as he's been dead for the last 447 years. For all you know ''The Living Sculptures of Pemberly" were designed by one artist, but created by a team of artists. You are talking about a film after all. And that is how a Sculptor such as Anthony Gormley creates his work. Also, you may want to cite the name of somebody who isn't recognised as an artist, which Michaelangelo was, and the creator(s) of the Pemberly sculptures are.

actually no, it wasnt massivley taken out of context starcandy,  I just happen to think that accurate sculptures of humans

is a huge feat and not somthing to be taken lightly so thats why i disagree.  And yeah Pemberly could have been created by anyone....who knows?  I dont have time to google it. BUT if your talking about a molded sculpture mass produced in a factory made in china...  sure why not.

December 13, 2011 12:43:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Starcandy,

The quote you used was massively taken out of context to suit your purpose...................

Quoting Vampothika,

-Actually no, it wasnt massivley taken out of context starcandy,  I just happen to think that accurate sculptures of humans

is a huge feat and not somthing to be taken lightly so thats why i disagree.  And yeah Pemberly could have been created by anyone....who knows?  I dont have time to google it. BUT if your talking about a molded sculpture mass produced in a factory made in china...  sure why not.

Fuk yeh !

December 13, 2011 1:22:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting gmc2,
what is the purpose of have some of the JU threads being posted on the WC site?

Here's my guess. Because Brad WANTS the JU threads to populate across HIS sites. He has the right to do it the way he wants to do it and has earned the right. 

This really is a teeny weeny insignificant thing in the grand scheme of things...

December 13, 2011 1:33:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes you did take it out of context. And since when did I mention anything about a mass produced sculpture made in China? I would be a fool to deny that anything by Michelangelo is not Art, and that an accurate sculpture of humans isn't Art either. But I didn't take them lightly. What I would take lightly would be something created by Vera Smegsworth of Chumley who decides to try her hand at making a sculpture. What she creates may be considered Art by some, but others may think it's just a sculpture, or a shapeless mass of clay. Even Vera's husband may praise it to her face, but tell his friends down the pub that he hasn't got a clue what it's supposed to be, and that he doesn't consider it Art. And Sculptors don't always feel that their work has to be as accurate as possible. Try looking up Alberto Giacometti or Henry Moore. Their stuff isn't accurate. It's still lauded as some fine examples of Art though.

December 13, 2011 2:35:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Phoon,

Here's my guess. Because Brad WANTS the JU threads to populate across HIS sites. He has the right to do it the way he wants to do it and has earned the right.

Well then Brad ain't gettin' my money when it's time for me to renew my WC subscription, because HIS site (paid for by subscribers' money) is starting to suck.  It's my right to vote with my cash, and unless I see a little more of what I like to see, I have better things to spend my money on.  I know I'm just one person and what I think and how I vote with my cash doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but at least I won't feel like a WC addict who takes whatever is given and pays whatever is asked.

It may be a teeny weeny insignificant thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's a start.  If I passed on every single teeny weeny I had an opportunity to have a voice in, I would stand for nothing.  That's not who I am.

December 13, 2011 2:40:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Starcandy,
others may think it's just a sculpture, or a shapeless mass of clay.

That reminded me of one of the funniest episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond. Marie's Sculpture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9DrUvMw8E&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB1FF6465072296AC

Around the 2 minute mark it starts getting hilarious...

December 13, 2011 2:51:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Starcandy,
It's still lauded as some fine examples of Art though.

Apparently, I am the only one here that is willing to go out on a ledge and clear this all up.

Please, it's all very simple, if you will just pay attention.

THIS IS ART

THIS IS POP ART

THIS IS IMPRESSIONIST ART

THIS IS BAD IMPRESSIONIST

THIS IS A RECREATION OF ART

OR SELF PORTRAIT

THIS IS PRIMITIVE ART

THIS IS BACKGROUND ART

THIS IS MARTIAL ART

THIS IS ART APPRECIATION

THIS IS FILM ART

THIS IS HIPSTER ART

THIS IS CULTIVATING ART

THIS IS LOST ART

THIS IS REVIVAL ART

AND FINALLY, THIS IS MODERN ART

December 13, 2011 2:56:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Po. you must now be entitled to unlimited Karma for that one. True genius.. THANK YOU!

December 13, 2011 3:21:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

@ Po. Thanks for the Art class. I understand it all perfectly now.

December 13, 2011 3:59:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Starcandy,
Yes you did take it out of context. And since when did I mention anything about a mass produced sculpture made in China? I would be a fool to deny that anything by Michelangelo is not Art, and that an accurate sculpture of humans isn't Art either. But I didn't take them lightly. What I would take lightly would be something created by Vera Smegsworth of Chumley who decides to try her hand at making a sculpture. What she creates may be considered Art by some, but others may think it's just a sculpture, or a shapeless mass of clay. Even Vera's husband may praise it to her face, but tell his friends down the pub that he hasn't got a clue what it's supposed to be, and that he doesn't consider it Art. And Sculptors don't always feel that their work has to be as accurate as possible. Try looking up Alberto Giacometti or Henry Moore. Their stuff isn't accurate. It's still lauded as some fine examples of Art though.

christ...... whatever starcandy.. i dont give two wads....

@ kaz, i couldnt agree more, i wont be buying a sub this year thats for sure, and I WAS planning to.....

and po. stop making me piss my pants, first it was the photofunia with the book of zu, now this.....my insaneometer just broke...

December 13, 2011 4:02:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As for the 'Gaming' thread issue...I believe the answer is easy. We storm their forums and overload them with the dumbest questions we can come up with.

• “My computer is telling me to press any key to continue. Where is the ‘any’ key?”
  • “Can you rearrange the keyboard alphabetically?”
  • "HOW DO I TURN OFF CAPSLOCK? I ACCIDENTALLY TURNED IT ON YESTERDAY AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO TURN IT BACK OFF."
  • "Where can i buy a really big jar of peanut butter?"
  • Why do so many game characters have such tiny heads?
  • When i am close to a donkey kong kill screen, will a random man start telling my neighbors to come watch my accomplishment?
  • How can Mario have so many abilities and interests, but not once have I seen him do plumbing?
  • "I didn't make the beta cut so now I want to know if there is anyone whom can help me set up a private server so I can play?
  • What's a noob?
  • Why do people keep calling me 'noob'?
  • How do I get someone to call me a noob?
  • Can I get store credits for being a noob?
  • “Why isn’t my wireless mouse connected to the computer?”
  • My boyfreind says that "lovebugs" were genetically engineered insects created at the University of Florida for the purposes of biological warfare and that must be how I caught my std and gave it to him.  Can I give them to my cat as well?
  • What's a ninja?
  • Where do I go to get my noob bonuses?
  • How many noobs do I need to make level 75?

You attack by twos. One asks the questions and then the other waits for the flamers to start and defends him with total bullshit that is off topic and makes no fucking sense at all.

December 13, 2011 4:12:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Vampothika,
the book of zu

It NOW has a name. lmao

December 13, 2011 4:19:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Po is both an Art instructor AND a master schemer.  Long Live PoSmedley!    

December 13, 2011 4:23:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

heres another one po:

"can someone give me the cheat codes, like god mode and unlimited money??" this game is soooo boring

December 13, 2011 4:25:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Po Stop ! Kitty´s laughhing so much I feel like a Nazi politician over here !

December 13, 2011 4:31:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

for po:

when im playing startreck away team, i want my character to make out with a borg on the borg cube, first it says it wants to assimilate me, i press yes, but then it kills me, what am i doing wrong?????

December 13, 2011 4:36:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Vampothika,
when im playing startreck away team, i want my character to make out with a borg on the borg cube, first it says it wants to assimilate me, i press yes, but then it kills me, what am i doing wrong?????

1.As your lips make contact with the Borgs, pucker them slightly and close your eyes. If you "overpucker" your lips will become tense, which is better for the platonic peck (described below), not for romance.

2 Kiss your Borg's upper or lower lip gently, then pull away slightly.Kiss your Borg's upper or lower lip gently, then pull away slightly. Put about an inch or 3 cm between you and your Borg's lips.

3.Open your eyes. Once your gaze meets theirs, smile a little and decide whether or not to go for another kiss. If things are going well, move on to the next step. Or if one or both of you think that's enough for today, pull away, smile, and shift your gaze elsewhere.

4.Kiss your Borg's upper or lower lip again, but this time part your lips so that their lip goes between yours. Apply a little bit of pressure closing your lips as you pull away. You can practice on the length of your finger to get an idea for how much pressure to apply. You can also gently pinch one of your lips between your index finger and thumb to see how it feels to have someone kiss you in this way.

5.Switch to the other lip. If you were kissing their upper lip, now go to their lower lip, and vice versa. Ideally, as you kiss someone's upper lip, they're kissing your lower lip, and vice versa, and you can go on like this for quite some time, alternating with closed lip kisses

Also keep in mind that Borg's do NOT like to be the submissive. Trying to force them to be submissive just pisses them the fuck off.

December 13, 2011 4:58:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,
Also keep in mind that Borg's do NOT like to be the submissive. Trying to force them to be submissive just pisses them the fuck off.

omfg no wonder they keep killing me!! at the start of the game i select "Domination Cyber Mistress from HELL!!!" instead of "subservient slave of borg desires"

omg im such a noob!!! my bad...

December 13, 2011 5:01:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Vampothika,
Domination Cyber Mistress from HELL!!!

Was that YOU on earth-dock dragging Sulu around on a six foot chain while he screamed ' My ass can only handle so many tribbles!' ?

December 13, 2011 5:17:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OMFG

December 13, 2011 5:28:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,
OMFG

No, no, no. The correct response is

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000828   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.