alienware xenomorph help

By on December 1, 2011 1:30:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hvx218

Join Date 11/2011

I am trying to download this http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/suites/575/ but when I go to that link, there is nothing there. Any help to download this would be awesome, thanks.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 1, 2011 4:43:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One post is enough and this is the wrong section.

December 1, 2011 6:28:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Works fine on my end and I can download it. If you are using Internet 9 I would suggest clicking the compatibility view button in the address bar right beside the refresh button. Sometimes it will help pages display properly.

December 1, 2011 6:28:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When you say nothing is there what exactly do you mean? I just tried it and there is a .suite file there to download. Download that file and then rename the .suite to .zip and you can extract all the different files from it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 1, 2011 6:58:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ya it's something to do with the page coding.  Suite's page (the page he's linked to in OP) basically comes up blank for me in IE8 and PaleMoon 8.  In PaleMoon I switched to View/PageStyle/"No Style" and the info comes up, can scroll down to the download link that way (after you find it ).

December 1, 2011 7:27:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You can pull it up similarly in IE8 using command View/Style/"No Style".  The download link shows about 3/4ths of the way down the page, right before the "Comments" section.  As JuniorCrooks suggested Tools/Compatibility View will also load it in IE8, it just takes a few seconds (and I didn't give it long enough the first time I tried it.)

December 1, 2011 9:00:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,
If you are using Internet 9 I would suggest clicking the compatibility view button in the address bar right beside the refresh button. Sometimes it will help pages display properly.

Bingo! The page is unusable for me until Compatibility View is used  in IE9.

December 1, 2011 9:14:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I sent it to the webdevs to take a look.

Thanks to the awesome community members that troubleshot this and likely saved time.  

December 1, 2011 2:43:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks for the help. the compatibility view worked! I was trying to download from chrome and fire fox and both show a blank page where the information should be. Thanks.

December 1, 2011 2:44:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
One post is enough and this is the wrong section.

well I am glad you helped me discover this. You are ever so helpful. I am glad stardock support helped me in this section. Thanks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.