Cursor FX and possible corrupt theme.

By on November 26, 2011 3:04:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

joelore

Join Date 02/2004
+4

HI,

I bought Cursor FX Plus and it runs fine with the preinstalled themes, however, when I copy over some of the themes I used to use with the free version one or more of the themes must be corrupt because it causes Cursor FX to lock up hard. I have to end the task to shut the theme picker down.

Is there an easier way to check the themes to see if they are corrupt rather than trying each one individually? As I said it works fine with the preinstalled themes AND all of the extra themes I am trying to copy into it's theme folder were downloaded from Wincustomize so it confuses me why this is happening.

Right now I have only the preinstalled themes plus one extra that I know works.

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

cc: Tech Support

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 26, 2011 3:09:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You dl'd CFX themes? You sure? Maybe CXP themes???

November 26, 2011 3:19:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Both CXP and CFX themes will work but some created before 2004-2005 will give you trouble. I've had lock-ups with them also so I avoid using any that old with CFX.

Add all your newest ones first, then sort through the "oldies" and add one at a time, then test it.

November 26, 2011 4:25:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yep, WHOLE bunch of CursorXP themes in there. Plus some partial downloads and a few broken zip files. I deleted all but the CursorFX themes and all seems well.

Thanks,

Joe

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 26, 2011 4:33:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

November 26, 2011 5:40:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Joe had a good idea, but I can't seem to find a way to delete ANY of the new themes I downloaded from the Stardock site. Any suggestions?

Dan

November 26, 2011 5:59:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting dant02106,
Joe had a good idea, but I can't seem to find a way to delete ANY of the new themes I downloaded from the Stardock site. Any suggestions?

Windows 7 & Vista: Documents/Stardock/CursorFX/Themes. Delete the ones you don't want in there

Windows XP: My Documants/Stardock/CursorFX/Themes. Delete the ones you don't want in there

Hope that helps

November 26, 2011 6:19:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you, thank you Nimbin. I kept trying from ControlPanel, but could not figure out where themes were stored.

Again thank you,

Dan

November 26, 2011 6:22:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting dant02106,
Thank you, thank you Nimbin. I kept trying from ControlPanel, but could not figure out where themes were stored.

Again thank you,

Dan

Your most welcome

November 26, 2011 6:32:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting dant02106,

Again thank you,

Dan

Actually it's this simple.

Open CursorFX. Choose a cursor you want gone, click the red X to delete it, next........

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.