Activated Text Color - Vertical Taskbar

?Bug or Me?

By on November 13, 2011 6:23:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Daiwa

Join Date 07/2001
+211

Having only recently acquired a Win7 rig and finally begun to explore SKS7, I've run into a quirk.

As I interpret the dialog shown below for the text color of the activated state of the taskbar button, it should be nearly black, but in fact is gray in the applied skin as seen in the taskbar at the right.  Also appears intended to be bold and shadowed; the text in the skinned button is neither.

SKS Dialog

This is Primavera by essorant.  Here's my WBConfig info:

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 5.5

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.3 (build 310 - Windows 7 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC
WindowBlinds appears to be activated on this PC
(Generic PnP Monitor) 1 is attached to Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Wblind.dll         2011/10/17 11:18:20
Wblind64.dll         2011/10/17 11:18:48
Wbsrv.dll         2011/09/26 15:10:56
SevenConfig.exe         2011/10/13 17:33:52
Wbload.exe         2010/10/20 16:08:35
Wbhelp.dll         2011/10/04 10:01:37
Tray.dll              2009/10/23 20:12:19
Wbload.dll              2010/06/07 15:59:25
Screen.exe         2010/06/07 15:59:43

Is this a bug or, more likely, what am I missing?

Thanks.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 14, 2011 10:58:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

November 14, 2011 12:34:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is more than likely due to the fact that some of the colors are mislabeled in SKS 7 Daiwa, try changing a different color and see if it affects it. I find this in a lot of areas, as well as incorrect image state labels. I just work around it, but it would sure be nice if someone from Stardock would actually take a quality look at SKS 7, these types of problems become extremely annoying after awhile. of course people will say why don't you report it to Stardock.  It has been in the past in forum threads, and nothing has been done to date.

November 14, 2011 1:24:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks, LS.  I'm using the recent beta but will update to the production version; doesn't sound like the mislabeling problem is fixed in the production version from your comment, though.  There were a couple of apparently misidentified items in SKS5 but they were more obscure than taskbar button text.

I'll keep playing with it.  I was rather proficient with SKS5 but SKS7 is going to take some getting used to.  I miss the ability to click on the unified preview to move around & edit images.  I'm told I'm somewhat trainable, though, so there remains hope.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 30, 2011 11:39:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not sure there is a way for a skinner to 'fix' this.  The text being used for the Activated state is the text set for the Disabled state.  If the displayed button is not using the text properties set for it in SKS, there must be a bug in SKS or WB.  I've asked essorant to look at & comment on this since it is his skin, but haven't heard back yet.

Hopefully, Neil will see this, too.

November 30, 2011 12:27:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,
Not sure there is a way for a skinner to 'fix' this. The text being used for the Activated state is the text set for the Disabled state. If the displayed button is not using the text properties set for it in SKS, there must be a bug in SKS or WB.

it's merely mislabeled......like many things in sks

November 30, 2011 12:28:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The is no such thing as a disabled taskbar button (the pressed state isn't used in Win7 either)

November 30, 2011 12:57:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks, 2of3.  You have mail.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.