Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Galciv 3 petition

By on October 29, 2011 10:47:31 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Bred77

Join Date 09/2007

There have been a lot of interesting fan ideas and thoughts for for new content and how to improve Galactic Civilizations 2.

I'm not going to add to that. I just want to see Galactic Civilizations 3 at some point.

22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 29, 2011 3:18:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I agree, and we will see it at some point. I would like to see it in 64 bit now that 64 bit OS is the norm, rahter than the exception.

November 2, 2011 6:01:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I too want Galactic Civilizations 3.

September 20, 2013 12:38:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That would be fantastic! Please let the ai protect their starbases with ships.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 20, 2013 1:03:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton Named Stardock VP, Studio Hints at New Projects

http://www.rtsguru.com/article/6585/Derek-Paxton-Named-Stardock-VP-Studio-Hints-at-New-Projects.html

As part of the job as VP, he'll be overseeing all future development and game production. Just what that development includes will start to become clearer next month. "As part of the company’s 20th anniversary this October, Paxton and Stardock Entertainment will announce a series of new projects from the studio which will include new titles and more," reads a line in today's announcement. Stardock recently acquired IP rights to Star Control from auction.

September 20, 2013 10:11:45 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm fairly sure that GalCiv 3 will happen at some point. What I'm worried about is whether it will be Steam free or not. Given Stardock's recent trend in using Steam for their games (and nothing else), I fear that GalCiv 3 will require Steam.

September 21, 2013 12:31:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think next month is the anniversary of GalCiv, and Brad had said pretty much that a new game announcement is coming soon.

Also, the reasons SD went Steamworks are resource-related, so I don't expect that to change.  (They said, doing FE Steamworks and non-Steamworks cost them a good bit of time, and Steam was the majority of sales, despite Stardock building up their base non-Steam for a decade)

Realistically, given the above- it's very reasonable to assume a GalCiv 3 announce within the next month, and that it will require Steamworks.  I suspect you'll see more Steamworks integration from Stardock in GalCiv3 than you did with LH- and hopefully it allows for MP.

That's not a guarantee in any way though- I can be wrong, or Brad might change the order up just to make me wrong. 

September 21, 2013 12:54:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd buy GalCiv3 if it was offered steam-free...else I'm just as happy to play GalCiv2.

Trying to run LH with steam has been the most frustrating experiances I've ever had with a game. I've been tempted to go back to MoM so many times now...only thing keeping me here is that SD crew is being very open to community suggestions and new content.

September 21, 2013 12:34:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm really not wild about Steam but so long as it is around to stay, you may as well bombard Balbe with suggestions to improve the sucker.  Like a Library-only mode, so it's not hogging memory when all you want to do is play a game.

September 21, 2013 1:06:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting MarvinKosh,

I'm really not wild about Steam but so long as it is around to stay, you may as well bombard Balbe with suggestions to improve the sucker.  Like a Library-only mode, so it's not hogging memory when all you want to do is play a game.

YES

and

"Balbe"

cannot tell if typo....or if the joke flew past me at hyperwarp III.

September 22, 2013 12:33:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod 2 is also coming.

But - gal civ 3 actually is. 

September 22, 2013 1:34:37 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Galacticruler5000,
"Balbe"

cannot tell if typo....or if the joke flew past me at hyperwarp III.

Epic typo. *facepalm* Meant to say Valve.

September 22, 2013 5:58:35 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
I'd buy GalCiv3 if it was offered steam-free...else I'm just as happy to play GalCiv2.

Same here. I understand Stardock's reasons for going Steam-only, but that doesn't mean, that I have to like it, or support it.

September 22, 2013 12:47:41 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Steam is not as bad as you all think.

as it is, I bypass it everytime I play it.

September 22, 2013 9:05:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

But... but then it doesn't clock up the number of hours you've played!  You've got to look at that and scare yourself now and then.

September 23, 2013 1:09:29 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yes, but with less than 2Gbs of RAM, and a 1Ghz processor, Steam eats my system alive.

September 23, 2013 2:00:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well they are already working on Star Control since they got that IP.  I doubt they would make two Sci-fi Strategy games at the same time. Hopefully I'm wrong.  

September 23, 2013 4:07:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe you are wrong In the future section Brad posted a pic of an updated looking Thalen (pretty sure I misspelled that). 

September 23, 2013 4:47:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Actually, working on two games of the same genre isn't a bad thing.  It doesn't mean they ill release on the same sort of schedule.

September 23, 2013 5:45:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

doesn't stardock have sins and galciv already?  They can do 2 at once if needed

September 23, 2013 8:36:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They've probably been working on GalCiv 3 for months now.  Star Control may not have even started yet.

Also, Brad said 5 years from Twilight would be about the right timeframe for GC3- it's been close to that.

September 23, 2013 8:55:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They may have started working on Star Control before they got the license. I know when they started Elemental they were trying to get the rights to call it Master of Magic. Atari refused to sell the ip to them. Worst case scenario theywould rename it. The story from GalCiv campaign is an obvious reference to Star Control 2. The dread lords I believe is in reference to the end of Star Control 3. I might be wrong I havent finished the DL campaigns. I think with the Gal Civ 3 pic I might have to revisit it.

September 23, 2013 9:01:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Found this on Pages Now and Forever. http://starcontrol.com/ Which points to Stardock site

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000766   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.