Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Product Registrations and You!

How to get the Stardock software you paid for.

By on June 27, 2011 10:58:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rosco_P

Join Date 07/2009
+191

Greetings, friends!

We've been getting a lot of questions about how to download and install your Stardock software purchases from both the past and present (and future, too, I guess).  Well, here's the skinny on that.  Get it?  'Skin'ny?  *sigh*

Anyway, at the moment we are in a transition period.  Specifically, we are transitioning away from Impulse being your main download and update method.  Going forward, you can access all of your registrations and download links for Stardock software by logging in here:

https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

This will give you a list of everything that is on your account, along with your serial numbers and installer download links.  That's right, download links directly to the latest stable version of the software.  Let's all pause to let that sink in.

Ok, then.  Each application should prompt for activation the first time, just type your email address, and copy/paste from the page into the window, and you should be all set.

As always, keep in mind that trial versions of our software are not upgradable to the full versions by entering a product key, and they must be uninstalled and the PC rebooted before installing the full version of any program.

Common issues:

"I don't see [program name] listed, what happened to it?"

If you have registrations on more than one email address, you'll need to get them on the same account.  If you have access to both email addresses, you can merge them together here:

http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

If you don't have access to both, send an email to support@stardock.com with an order or serial number, or billing address for verification, and we'll merge them together for you.

"I just renewed my Object Desktop subscription, and Impulse still says it's expired!"

Because Impulse is now owned by Gamestop, your renewal only affects the Stardock side of things, so Impulse can't know that you've renewed.  You will need to use the new download page to access the software.

"What about my games?"

If you've purchased any Stardock gaming titles (GalCivII, Sins, Demigod, Elemental), those will still be handled through Impulse.  This site is for non-gaming software only.

"What about [problem that I haven't thought of yet]?"

Either post it here, or email support@stardock.com for assistance.  If you're posting here, try to avoid posting things like serial numbers or personal email addresses.

Pinned Post 238 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 29, 2011 8:09:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@ or anyone that knows!

I thought to swing by here and see if the answers are already floating around.

I just bought OD.  I am missing Desktop X completely, and Tiles doesn't have download link (but has a serial number).

Obviously 'Impulse' download app is canned already, as my email just points to "My Account" to download all the applications.  Unless that is not true, then maybe I need a link to 'Impulse'.  I would then be even more lost.

Also, just more sting to these issues, Tweak7 and TweakVista have the same download link.  I surmized that TweakVista & Tweak7 are in the same/same category.  I only have Windows 7 Pro x64 and XP sp3(phasing out soon).  So Tweak7 is all I would use.

Lastly, I already wrote up a ticket, in case support wants to give some help to me.  I stewed over this purchase, I hope it'll be worth it.  I do want what was expected.  I don't like "bate & switch" cons, not that Stardock would do any of its customer this way.  Seen it on a few other sites. (BUY dot COM)

Now, should I go ahead and start installtion? *sigh*

BarJabba

June 30, 2011 4:07:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

BarJabba: Sorry about the trouble, you are correct in that new customers no longer use Impulse.  Here's the word on the apps you mentioned:

Tiles is still in beta, but it will be available soon, once they get it packaged.

DesktopX is being looked into as we speak.  Or type, rather.

The Tweak products should be fixed soon as well.  For now, just use the one under the Tweak7 entry and it should work fine (though not on XP, of course).

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

June 30, 2011 4:23:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Update: DesktopX should now be available.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 30, 2011 10:21:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What is this?

And I see Desktopx Pro, but no DesktopX. I see Fences Free, but no Fences Pro.

Is it because they're a part of the Object Desktop package that I do see in my account?

July 1, 2011 11:19:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

RedneckDude: Looking into it...

July 1, 2011 11:23:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Aaaand a little F5 action should get you up and running.

July 1, 2011 7:28:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have no download links to any of my Object Desktop programs....should I?

This picture shows all I see for OD and the one link is dead. My sub is good until 10/2012.

I have only used one email address so that shouldn't be the issue.

I still have access to all of the software on my account in Impulse so I'm good for now.

July 3, 2011 7:47:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Installed from my store to Windows 7, but when I tried to update new version via Impulse it says that I have invalid registration key. What should I do?

July 3, 2011 7:57:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting petercub,
Installed from my store to Windows 7, but when I tried to update new version via Impulse it says that I have invalid registration key. What should I do?

If you purchased your product recently then you can download the latest (non-beta) version from - https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

All updates will show up on that link when they come out of beta.

July 4, 2011 12:29:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did I miss it?  Interim betas will still be available to OD subscribers, right?

EDIT:

And I just took a look at my account.  Some further 'refinement' might be in order:

1 - Windowblinds 1.3 is listed under Games.

2 - Having long-gone, obsolete software listed there seems a little confusing, though I applaud the ability to still get at it.

I know this is an evolving process.  Thanks for your efforts.

July 4, 2011 12:38:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,
Interim betas will still be available to OD subscribers, right?

For those who purchased OD pre-Impulse sale.

This could change when and if a new system is brought in.

July 4, 2011 12:42:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Hankers,
For those who purchased OD pre-Impulse sale.

Not sure what that means, Hankers.

July 4, 2011 1:56:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It means that if you purchased ObjectDesktop before Impulse was sold then you should still be able to get beta updates through Impulse. Those that purchased ObjectDesktop after Impulse was sold will need to use https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products to get their downloads.

July 4, 2011 2:34:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nobody answered RedNeckDude's first question -- can I uninstall Impulse now? (i.e., would there be any negative consequences to me uninstalling Impulse now?)

July 4, 2011 2:51:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK, I get it now.  Hadn't had enough coffee, I guess, Hankers. 

@k10w3 - Per Hankers, you'd lose the ability to D/L interim betas if you ditch Impulse.  Best to keep it for now, as I don't think SD intends for the direct link functionality to 'replace' Impulse - rather to supplement it (and perhaps for the benefit of the vocal anti-Impulse contingent).

I believe a replacement is in development & we'll at some point no longer need Impulse to manage our desktop enhancement apps (as opposed to games).  Those with both games & desktop apps will have the pleasure of two such 'managers' I'd imagine.

July 4, 2011 3:35:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

^ That's correct, Daiwa.

July 4, 2011 6:00:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the clarification, Daiwa.

July 4, 2011 7:25:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Daiwa rocks! I used to have a fishing reel made by Daiwa.

July 4, 2011 8:46:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You're a Hoosier, right RND?

July 4, 2011 11:36:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nope. A Volunteer.

July 5, 2011 7:08:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Question for those of you that have Object Desktop Subs....is there individual links in your profile to download Object desktop apps individually?

I was wondering if when mine is fixed, if I would be able to download WindowBlinds individually and install it on my work PC without installing Impulse.

July 5, 2011 7:39:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting CarGuy1,
if I would be able to download WindowBlinds individually and install it on my work PC without installing Impulse.

I believe -

https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

This will give you a list of everything that is on your account, along with your serial numbers and installer download links. That's right, download links directly to the latest stable version of the software.

answers your question.

July 5, 2011 10:52:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If that's  the case, it will be nice when all of my software shows up on my registrations page.

I wonder if Rosco is still watching this thread or if I will need to create a ticket to get this fixed. I'll give it a few days as Stardock may still be off for Independance Day.

July 5, 2011 11:16:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting CarGuy1,
Question for those of you that have Object Desktop Subs....is there individual links in your profile to download Object desktop apps individually?

My singular link points to the ObjectDesktop2008_setup.exe but does not include the individual apps.

July 6, 2011 1:41:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is under Desktop

Object Desktop Renewal (1 year) No download link.

------

This is under Other.

Object Desktop (S) upgrade/renewal with ObjectDock Plus No Download link

Object Desktop Ultimate (Upgrade)  the link takes me right back to that page a.k.a (My Account) so No Download Link

-------

I don't see Bullet Candy

------

all these are under Desktop

MyColors AMD Game Desktop
MyColors Diamond Desktop
MyColors Encounter Desktop
MyColors Gloss Burgundy Desktop (ODNT Discount)
MyColors Gloss Grey Desktop (ODNT Discount)
MyColors Gloss Mint Desktop (ODNT Discount)
MyColors Quest Desktop
MyColors Think Green Desktop
MyColors Winter Desktop

shouldn't they be under MyColors
like this one is?
MyColors Halloween Desktop

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000843   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.