May Screenshot of the Month!

By on June 3, 2011 3:13:44 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

We had several top desktop screenshots to choose from, but the WinCustomize staff agreed on the pick for May.  Using a fantastic combination of WindowBlinds, wallpaper, docks, etc., JuniorCrooks presented a beautiful desktop that would make anyone’s desktop proud!

primo

Skins used:

Thanks for sharing and enjoy another year on WC as a subscriber, on us!

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 3, 2011 3:28:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Congrats to JuniorCrooks on his screenie OTM

June 3, 2011 3:33:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

JC - Good for you! It's a beautiful, sunny and summery desktop! Congrats!! 

June 3, 2011 4:53:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 3, 2011 5:01:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

June 3, 2011 5:06:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Good choice! 

June 3, 2011 5:13:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Early summer vibes, yet surreal somehow. Extremely neat and fresh !

June 3, 2011 5:56:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Lovely choice, congrats JC!

June 4, 2011 11:40:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Congrats Ken!!!  Looks good, are you a decorator? You always have the nicest screenies.

June 4, 2011 12:19:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's a very nice shot! Well deserved award and congrats to you JuniorCrooks!

June 4, 2011 7:59:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you everyone and thanks Island Dog for this. I just found out now that it was chosen and I feel honored. I am glad people like my screenies.

June 4, 2011 9:19:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

June 5, 2011 12:46:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry I seen better in the May Screen shota than this one. But what the H eceryone is entitled to their opinion on what is cool and good looking.

June 5, 2011 9:10:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting OldMsgt,
Sorry I seen better in the May Screen shota than this one. But what the H eceryone is entitled to their opinion on what is cool and good looking.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and thanks for sharing yours.

June 6, 2011 8:54:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,
Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and thanks for sharing yours

Correcting grammar .... 'everyone [is singular] is entitled to his [is singular] opinion' not 'their' .... Spell checker  [to be PC you could adopt 'his or her']

Correcting everyone else....

The choice shown is the collected opinion of the Wincustomize Staff.

No-one said it would/should align with anyone else's

...or not....

Tidy shot, JC ....

June 6, 2011 9:04:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Excuse Me!! I did not come and post on this board for a grammar lesson.

Disagree with my opinion that is acceptable criticism, but comments on the grammar are not.

This thread is about the selection of the May screen shot. I am sorry, however I post what I feel, if it does not meet the criteria of the mutual admiration society of the forum that is your problem not mine. "I calls it as I sees it"

here would have been my selection

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/screenshots/27086/

June 6, 2011 9:27:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting OldMsgt,

I quoted JuniorCrooks, not you....

June 6, 2011 3:29:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

here would have been my selection http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/screenshots/27086/

I thought the pick was made from the screenshots from that particular month, not from the general screenshots area.

At any rate I don't see the need to stir things up about this. I've had shots that had almost no DL's and 2 stars and I've has shots that have thousands of DL's. So what? Yes it's nice when others like your work but one thing I don't do is go out of my way to put other peoples work down or say this one is batter than the other. If I was on the staff and part of the picking process that would be different but I'm not so I just roll with whatever comes along.

Ya know JuniorCrooks is a nice guy from what I've seen and I think that OldMsgt you should be ashamed of yourself for taking away from his moment.

Enough is enough of this.

June 6, 2011 3:55:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As I understood the process, "The Screenshot of the Month" is a slight misnomer (although the generosity is far from misguided, and should be lauded): Should have been called "Desktop Screenshot of The Month".

I.D. tends to parse words. Always has, as far back as I remember.

As for grammar? He wasn't even referring to you!

I take my licks from Jafo too... because he does it good naturedly, and it always brings a smile (to me at least - especially when I'm on the receiving end).

O.K.?  Everything tickety-boo?  

June 6, 2011 4:02:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting OldMsgt,
Disagree with my opinion that is acceptable criticism, but comments on the grammar are not.

Well well well.... Didn't someone get the leg out the wrong bed this morning.....

June 6, 2011 4:41:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Goodness, it is a simple promotion to get some activity going.  If you need history of it:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/408163

I wanted to start a new feature on WinCustomize, and today I introduce the Screenshot of the month!  This is pulled from our monthly desktop screenshot thread in the forums that starts every month.  I picked this screenshot from RickJP because of the beautiful colors and the feeling of spring that I showed.

June 6, 2011 6:46:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ya know JuniorCrooks is a nice guy from what I've seen and I think that OldMsgt you should be ashamed of yourself for taking away from his moment.

He might be a nice guy and most likely is, I do not personally know him. My statements still stand. There were many more screen shots in May that were far better, I just selected one as an example. I could have easily picked at least 10 different screen shot from the May selection that were better. I do not feel ashamed, I did not insult the individual. I only commented on the screen shot that was selected. If I took a shot at anyone it was at the person or persons that selected this as the May screenshot of the month

June 6, 2011 7:13:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OldMsgt...the contest involves the screenshots from the May 2011 Desktop Screenshots thread. The screenshot you link was not posted in the thread.

While you may not agree with the winner that was chosen, the judges make the decision and I have to agree it's one of the nicer shots in the thread.

I noticed you posted a few in the thread so if you continue to post them in the monthly thread, and ID continues to have the contest, perhaps yours may be chosen in one of the coming months.

If so, I hope no one rains on your parade and bitches about the winner.

June 6, 2011 9:31:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I only post to show what can be done with a little snipping of various skins take a little from one and place it  another. Take a wall recolor it, take a PNG from one skin and use it in another skin

I usually on the screen shots just post the screen shot without links. No links no consideration. I did not post a May screen shot to become a winner. I will continue to post my screen shots but in the future I will ensure that I include no links to the items that are shown in the shot. I will also comment on what I think is exceptional. I did not comment on the work of the person who won. I only posted on what I thought was better, and I still think there are at least 10 screen shots that were better and far more artistic in the May screen shots. If that offends someone that is their problem not mine.

This is one that liked

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/OmegaBlack/New%20Desktopz/desktop_Animation.jpg

It shows creativity with a touch of whimsy

I like this one for the balack and white composite

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1618/ssssxl9.jpg

I like this one because I may be old but I still adore the the ladies

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa9/B4ck5p4c3/CincoDeMayo.jpg

June 6, 2011 10:00:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting OldMsgt,
I only post to show what can be done with a little snipping of various skins take a little from one and place it another. Take a wall recolor it, take a PNG from one skin and use it in another skin

In a 'word' .... WTF?

So Desktop screenshots are fabrications....pastiches....contrived fakes....patchwork quilts?

I minimize whatever windows I have open ....1st of the month ...and press 'printscreen'.

Desktop Screenshots is about what YOU ARE USING, not about how clever you are at photoshopping a dozen screencaps together.

The whole screenshot gallery is intended [for skinners] to showcase their works in progress as well as everyone else a chance to show all whose works they are using.

If people are manipulating images to create a false impression then they've lost the plot.

...or have I...and that's not what was meant? ....

June 6, 2011 10:02:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[quote who="OldMsgt" reply="23" id="2947717"]I like this one because I may be old but I still adore the the ladies

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa9/B4ck5p4c3/CincoDeMayo.jpg[/quote]

Yes, I'm old too ....but I'd never use that wall....way too much white....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.