Why does IconPacker install the same icons for every user?

By on May 23, 2011 2:46:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MrBiggZ

Join Date 12/2004
+2

Greetings!

My wife and I share a PC and if I change the icons under her login they change under mine as well and vice versa.  How can I have a separate icon scheme for each different user?

At this stage of the softwares life I would figure that this shouldn't be a hang up.

Thanks for reading and replying!

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 23, 2011 4:08:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You are right that's how it works. Been that way forever.   Get her a computer. That's what I did. She's happy. My wife wants nothing to with customizing. She thinks it's stupid. She likes the stuff that's built into Win7. Doesn't want to use any of the gadgets either. In fact I don't have any friends who are not on WC or DA who are the least bit interested in customizing their computers. My older daughter will dabble but she's the only one. Yea that's the only way. Get your wife her own computer. That's the ticket! 

May 24, 2011 1:44:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ready for the kicker.  She's got her own.  Get her a really nice quad-core 8gb memory a 1.5tb drive a nice 26" monitor.  And what does she do .. continue to burn on my Core 2 Duo.  Go figure!

It's not right that 'we' are paying for this software and it can't handle different users.  This is like going back to the Windows 2000 days were there was one screen resolution that every use would have to use.

I'm grumbling right now ...

May 24, 2011 5:03:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.