problem with icons sets from other sites

By on May 7, 2011 1:50:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

dahaakaa

Join Date 05/2011

Hi, i use IP for quite long time, but recently i notice that when i install icon set from other site, eg. deviantart, everything is fine till i restart computer, then all new sets are gone, and i have only basics.

Now i use IP 5, but same story was on previous release, and there is no problem with sets from wincustomize, just from other sites, anybody have any idea ?

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 7, 2011 7:16:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The only thing I can think of is the file extension. Is it the same or different. Because if its the same file extension it should work no matter what site you get it from.

May 8, 2011 3:44:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Because if its the same file extension it should work no matter what site you get it from.

unless they put it together wrong

May 8, 2011 6:27:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oops...hadn't thought of that. Thanks Bichur.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 8, 2011 11:48:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

mostly, when i download, in file are png or icons, and also IP package, so when i open trough IP, i see this package, sometimes i have message about some issue, but mostly i can install and apply, but after restart this package gone

For example now i use Rhors set of icons, i apply, they works, and now magic trick: they gone from IP, but i still use them, just don't see in menu of IP

I never have this problem with old IP under vista, Now i use IP 5 under win7, maybe this is reason ?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.