Movies vs Animated Movies

Animation going up !

By on May 2, 2011 11:49:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Souls-Stream

Join Date 05/2010
+4

I went to the theatre these past few weekends and I saw Rango, Gnomeo and Juliette and Rio...

I really have to admit, they're way better than the movies I went to see lately ! Is it just me or are real movies falling slowly down the drain lately?

I am so amazed by the work put in those animated movies (scenario, soundtrack, actor play...) while other movies at the theatres are just blend, acting is not that good lately and finding a pearl is rare (Your Highness was fun but it's not the best movie ever and is really vulgar... so let's exclude this one, lol).

Did any movie chock you lately? Did you see anything really REALLY good ? With a deep story and good acting ?

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 2, 2011 12:49:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What kind of filth goes to see "Rango" or "Gnomeo and Juliette" when god damn Battle: Los Angeles is still in theaters. 

You sicken me, it's because of people like you that America is going to hell.

May 2, 2011 12:58:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Haha.  I was going to put "Battle: Los Angeles" as I have seen it twice in the theater, but thought it might be too low brow as he was asking for "deep story".

May 2, 2011 3:07:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I refused to see "Toy Story 3" as any movie with "3" in the title that doesn't start with "Terminator" really frightens me.  I finally caved because it was a free rental.

I laughed all the way through it and fell out of my chair when the toys were all standing "at the swirling vortex of hell" and "the claw" saved them.  It was brilliant.

Rango looked really good but it's a DVD rental for me.

Now I wait for Thor.

(I read the Norse sagas when I was eight years old and then found Marvel comics a few years later--I was hooked.

FYI--I really HATED "Captain America" as a kid but the movie looks outstanding from the trailers.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 3, 2011 12:41:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,
Did any movie chock you lately? Did you see anything really REALLY good ? With a deep story and good acting ?

Released in December 2010...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Row0rYFQCHs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S506IdlzlaQ

Spanish version for summer 2011... English for... unknow...

For anime, i am waiting for :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMjr0_qtjs

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUsEOZ4xWhQ&NR=1

May 3, 2011 1:54:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There have been some frighteningly awesome action movies of late, but what about intellectual movies?

Hmmm, the Kings speech was quaint, Inception was utterly fascinating, but don't bother with Inception if you don't have the intellect to get into it, otherwise it will just piss you off and give you a headache!. but i would not put these films up as being as freakishly powerful a film along the lines of  something such as Amistad

July 23, 2012 12:04:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Aldrich0003,
The effect is an optical illusion of motion due to the phenomenon of persistence of vision, and can be created and demonstrated in several ways.

What if reality itself was such an illusion of "frames"?  

July 26, 2012 7:12:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i think the future of entertainment is in animated movies... Renders/Animation and CGI effects, and Superflow effects are insane and already reached a level that is astonishing last seen the trailer of an upcomming game named Prey2 the trailer was done by Blur Studios also ive seen the trailer of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo both and more can been viewed here 
GWTDT
Prey2

After seeing these i  must say i rather watch something animated than witnessing another Botox version of The Expandables

July 27, 2012 8:03:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
Haha.  I was going to put "Battle: Los Angeles" as I have seen it twice in the theater, but thought it might be too low brow as he was asking for "deep story".

It had great special effects and a brutal setting.

I am looking forward to part 3 of the NGE rebuild this year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

The last animated movie that really "wow"-ed me was Spirited Away. If you're looking for a deep story, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howl%27s_Moving_Castle_%28film%29

July 27, 2012 8:49:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Most movies coming out of Hollywood these days are as dull as last year's dishwater... and for some that's being kind.

However, I didn't mind the Ice Age animated movies. 

Now those were more entertaining than many of the 'so-called' blockbusters put together.

July 27, 2012 9:34:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

spam brought this back....after 12 months [been removed]

July 27, 2012 9:39:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh, that means that VERY occasionally, spam can be something other than a total waste of time.   This is an interesting discussion.

July 27, 2012 9:44:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

'occasionally' is the word for it.

Most of the time the word is 'annoyingly'....

July 27, 2012 9:54:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I didn't mind the return of this particular thread, minus the spam of course.

July 27, 2012 11:06:05 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting starkers,
Most movies coming out of Hollywood these days are as dull as last year's dishwater... and for some that's being kind.

However, I didn't mind the Ice Age animated movies. 

Now those were more entertaining than many of the 'so-called' blockbusters put together.

Those are so funny.  Just saw Ice Age 4 at the drive-in.  It helps to have young kids with you to giggle uncontrollably about all the funny things.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.