Changing Separator in ObjectDock Plus v2

By on April 22, 2011 9:04:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

guystardock

Join Date 04/2011

When I add a separator in OD+ v2, a blank space the size of a full icon is created.  I would prefer just to have a thin vertical bar -- a typical separator.  Is there any way to make the separators appear this way?

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 22, 2011 9:18:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is this a dock you are making?

What kind of dock is it, Tray, Zoom?

April 22, 2011 9:37:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is a tabbed dock.  I just installed OD+ today, added and deleted tabs and content to the tabbed dock that was created by default and deleted the Quick Launch dock that I didn't want.

I am running Win 7-32 bit, SP1, with all updates applied.

April 22, 2011 9:57:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm not sure what your problem is. separtors don't work on Tab docks. Don't know what you are looking at on the dock. They can be adjusted if you removed any icons and didn't add any. You can also change the docks and maybe another will look better to you. If you could show me on a screen shot of the problem maybe I could do more.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 22, 2011 10:20:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

DaveBax I was under the same impression as you but you can use separtors on Tab docks.  They will work with between short cuts and docklets but they won't work on the System Tray and Taskbar Tabs.  Give it a try. 

April 22, 2011 10:43:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Philly I will have to look into that, new to me. I will be moving up to another type of skin very soon.

I make all these docks and always use tiles and trays so never checked the Tabs for seperators even though I make them.

April 23, 2011 1:27:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Here's what the tab looks like after I have used the Add...Separator pop-up menu item.  The separators are just big blank spaces when what I would like is a simple vertical bar that would take less space.  (If image doesn't show up below, it's at http://www.moxis.com/images/dock.png.)

April 23, 2011 10:38:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok, is this Areo #2 black Font Tab dock? If it is the seperator will work but with no graphic as shown in your dock. Loks like yo uhave a couple in there now. This dock is very transparent and I'm looking at what is behind you dock. Don't know if your wallpaper or not but i see a shadow which looks like a line on the WP. Move your dock and see if you have the problem.

I'm only guessing here but can't come up with any seperator problems with any of the skins that come with OD2. Again which dock is it?

April 23, 2011 11:11:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That white bar/shadow/line near the top shows up when I set the icon size less than 45 px.  In this case, it is set to the minimum value of 32 px.  This is part of the dock and not the background.  Looks like a bug to me as it makes no sense why that bar would be there.

Style/Color is set to "Aero #1".  That appears to be the default style in ObjectDock Plus v2.  "Aero #1" is the only Aero option I see.

You are correct, I have two separators in there.  The separators just don't have a graphic appearance that I like, so I was hoping for a way to change the graphic.

When you ask "which dock is it?", I don't know what you are asking.  It's the only dock I have and is a "tabbed dock."  Here's the Settings screen:

April 23, 2011 11:31:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok, that explains it as it is a but. It's with the number setting in the background.ini file. Wish i could just give you the correct numbers but it's takes some playing around.

Ok I tried it and see the problem. Will play around with it later and see if I can come up with the correct numbers. Do you know how to open it up? If so when I have the correct numbers I will post them and you can add them to the .ini file

April 23, 2011 12:10:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok I fixed it.

On the .ini file in notepad then look for [BackgroundTop] change the BottomHeight =  number From 40 to 20

and on the [BackgroundBottom] change the TopHeight = number From 40 to 20

Then just save it. you have to go open the OD again, change the skin then change it back. Anytime changes are done you must always change the skin and change it back. If you have a problem doing it let me know and we can do it another way.

April 23, 2011 12:10:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For tabbed docks the separator will always just be blank, no image, even if the background has a separator image and code is in the .ini tabbed docks do not use the image. The space a separator takes up, even on a zoomer dock where image is used, will be the same as the icon size you have set, not by the size the image is made at.

Quoting guystardock,
That white bar/shadow/line near the top shows up when I set the icon size less than 45 px.

This is a combination of the size of image used for the background and the margins settings in the .ini.

From the .ini

[BackgroundTop]
Image = BackgroundTop.png
LeftWidth = 20
TopHeight = 20
RightWidth = 20
BottomHeight = 40 change this to 20.

April 23, 2011 2:01:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you all.  That took care of the strange bar.  Too bad about separator images not being displayed.

What is a "zoomer" dock?

April 23, 2011 2:25:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting guystardock,
What is a "zoomer" dock?

It is the standard non-tabbed quick launch dock.

May 26, 2011 2:11:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Does anyone know WHY this is the case?  I am using a tabbed dock, and for something that has a zillion features, it seems weird that a separator in a tabbed dock should appear as a blank icon of the same size as the other icons in the dock.  Why not have a single-line separator?  It really is annoying me that I paid for this thing, and a simple feature like that is missing.

- Tim

May 26, 2011 9:59:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is what mine looks like:

I just set the separator image to use one included in another dock background. Only thing is that it's still the same size as all the other icons, which kinda sucks.

May 27, 2011 2:13:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Bebi Bulma,
This is what mine looks like:

Reduced 91%Original 658 x 178

I just set the separator image to use one included in another dock background. Only thing is that it's still the same size as all the other icons, which kinda sucks.

Yeah, that's the thing - I would like it if it took up just enough space for itself, not a whole cell.

In any case, I'm using the Tabbed Dock / Simple Tabs theme, and it's arranged vertically on the right side of my screen.

For whatever reason, that makes adding a separator add a blank area, no visible separator image.

- Tim

April 27, 2013 3:25:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

you must take   an picture as separator  ,  and just drag and drop it to the  tabs.

so this way you can have a separator  made by yourself.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.