Fences - Icons fall out of fences (Office Applications)

By on April 4, 2011 12:23:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

pweyrosta

Join Date 05/2010

I've got actual version of Fences pro running on Windows 7 Pro. Everything is workin as expected except when I'm using MS Office Applications.

e.g. EXCEL files placed within a fence jump out every time, I save them. Off course I'v configured new icons to go to the desktop. And technically these icons are new, since office deletes the original file and recreates the icon from a temp file with the original name. But I would like these icons to stay within the fence I've placed them before, because to me it's not a new file. It's just a new save of an already placed file.

Another issue is that I have'nt found a way to allign the fences with the original desktop grid, which leads to funny part-overlays and some other placement problems.

And finally I've found no way to keep the icons within a fence in a user defined order. In other words, I can sort the icons with severel different rules but I cannot set them to stay where I've placed them initially.

best

Peter

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 15, 2011 3:10:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ive seen the problem every so often where an icon that is in a fence falls out. sometimes a bit hard to get it back in since as you try to put it back sometimes others in that fence fall out...

April 16, 2013 2:04:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi

I am having the same issue. Did anyone ever give you a fix?

Gary

May 1, 2013 9:34:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Greetings,

I am facing the same issue as well. I am running it on my work laptop running Win 7 Enterprise. 

Any solution to it Stardock?

- Ken

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.