All I wanted

By on December 13, 2010 9:45:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

remmy123

Join Date 12/2010
+5

All I wanted was the "Dream Machine" wallpaper. That is all I wanted. Here I am running Vista 32bit with more than marginal specs (see imbedded pic below) and I get nothing but Deskscapes crashing. Im now $40 in the whole over one freaking wallpaper. BUT ITS ALL I WANTED AND I CANT GET IT WITHOUT DESKSCAPES CRASHING AND ME HAVING TO UNINSTALL/REINSTALL THE SOFTWARE. Im not a typical computer moron. I have a decent idea what I am doing. Nevermind the fact that I had to jump through huge hoops just to get here after I figured out all of the scattered software Stardock throws at you. I have never met more expensive and unstable software. Never mind that I need to be somewhat computer literate, its just not worth it so far... especially for paying the kind of cash to use such a program.

I could use a little help if anybody has any ideas. But other than that at this point, I want my $40 back.

31 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 17, 2010 9:55:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Hi, remmy123....

First potential 'culprits' as to why a Dream in Deskcapes might fail are either the particular graphic driver and/or appropriate video codec required for a particular animation.

If the proggy runs flawlessly with the included dreams then it's a likely bet it's a codec issue.

I wasn't going to bring it up but since you did, you missed it by 1 letter.    

December 17, 2010 10:02:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh, bum....

Have an 's' ....

December 17, 2010 5:11:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You should at least give it another try for Dynamic Dreams and Static wallpaper. That way you can at least use the effects that are available in DeskScapes..

I'll call that, and bump you "Hybrid Dreams."    All those are really nice and run quite easily on my old single core cpu / agp video card.

I've even played with creating a couple of Hybrids.  Really pretty easy to do in terms of the Deskscapes part of it, but making the animation, even my little hacky ones, proved to be a real challenge.  I probably did it "the hard way" Kind of fun though.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 21, 2010 8:06:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm just happy it all worked out for him in the end.  What a wonderful Christmas story!

December 21, 2010 8:44:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What's up with the smilies?

December 21, 2010 9:34:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm just happy it all worked out for him in the end. What a wonderful Christmas story!

I have to agree.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.