Stardock Support Thanksgiving Break

We will be in search of the perfect pumpkin pie in the jungles of Southeast Michigan.

By on November 24, 2010 9:21:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Rosco_P

Join Date 07/2009
+191

Hear ye, hear ye, Stardock employees will be on an extended break from November 25th through the 28th for Thanksgiving.  We will be returning on Monday the 29th, and we want to wish all of you a Happy Holiday, and hope you have slightly more food than you can stand!

35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 24, 2010 9:30:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at Stardock and WinCustomize and to all the member of the Community. 

The Holiday Season offcial starts tomorrow. 

November 24, 2010 10:12:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Happy thanksgiving, fellas!  Hope you enjoy the time off!

November 24, 2010 10:22:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all. and not to rub it in, but my mom and dad live in Plymouth MA, myself in MA too, that is where we will be doing thanksgiving with the pilgrims !!!!!!!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 24, 2010 10:48:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all at StarDock! Blessings on all your houses and to all at WinCustomize the very same!

November 24, 2010 1:14:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

and a Happy Thanksgiving from all of us to all of you.

November 24, 2010 3:09:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Happy Thanksgiving, just remember you are what you eat.

November 24, 2010 3:44:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

just remember you are what you eat.

tofu?

Happy giving Thanks day!  

November 24, 2010 7:51:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Happy Turkey day to everyone!

November 24, 2010 11:38:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For a moment there it was looking 'interesting'....  It took me 2 hours to succeed in logging on as Admin .... not the ideal time to not 'be here' - whilst the State-side SD crew were culling Turkeys....

November 25, 2010 12:45:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Jafo....that's too funny!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the staff and to all you wonderful community members! You are all something I am thankful for!  

Buncha turkeys.....  

November 25, 2010 1:09:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

moo

November 25, 2010 1:47:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wish to all the team a thanksgiving voucher

November 25, 2010 10:43:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Happy ThanksGiving One and All.     [e digicons]:karma:[/e]

November 25, 2010 12:07:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ,

Hear ye, hear ye, Stardock employees will be on an extended break from November 25th through the 28th for Thanksgiving.  We will be returning on Monday the 29th, and we want to wish all of you a Happy Holiday, and hope you have slightly more food than you can stand!

Quoting ,

I mean you might as well...I opened a ticket on Sunday only to get a reply 2 or 3 days later with no fix and reported that back with no reply again since I guess it was the day BEFORE the holiday break. I'll just wait till next week and enjoy your 2 week customer support service. I have been an OD subscriber for a few years and still have a year left but looks like it won't last that long and never supported again by me due to the flakey impulse and VERY poor customer support. I've had better experience with Alienware and didn't think you could get worse than that....gratz guys!

November 25, 2010 1:35:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all good food, good company in family and friends and sweet dreams after the turkey kicks in. lol

Even you mdchalice.

November 25, 2010 1:39:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hey don't get me wrong I'm a nice guy and I have a loving happy family and I also have a piece of shit software called Impulse that won't install on my pc so I can't update NONE of the software I bought from this company. But have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone, including all you hard working SD employees!

November 25, 2010 1:43:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
mdchalice are you getting any kind of an error notice when you try to install Impulse?
November 25, 2010 2:53:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

the install hangs on "computing space requirements" for about 30 mins or so then it gives an error and says to try reinstalling.

support gave me a impulse cleaner file to run and a reg edit file after that but even the cleaner gives me an error code 2 saying to try "cleaning"

again and the end reslut changes nothing. i use to be able to use impulse then one day it just stoped opening up when i clicked on it. so i uninstalled it

and here i am - unable to reinstall or update none of my software. Forgot to mention I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, latest version of .net 4

(i originally have v2 but thought it might help my impulse problem to update it), and latest graphics,audio,and window updates. Also sorry about derailing

the thread but I'm not very happy on thanksgiving about this impulse and just ready to uninstall all of it and use aero lol

November 25, 2010 3:30:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay, I will make some suggestions, not sure if they will make it work.

First, make sure that Impulse in not on your computer.  Go to Add and Remove function in Windows and make sure nothing in there for Impulse.  If you have a cleanup program like CCleaner run it and clean up the registry also.  If you don't have CCleaner it is free.

Second, reboot your computer.

Third, turn off you A/V software.  I don't know if .net is backward compatible and forget what version Impulse needs.  I can't seem to find it to see what I have installed.

Fourth, go to the Stardock.com Home Page and try downloading Impulse again and reinstalling it.

As I said this may work or may not.  Some A/V software has shown to screw up trying to download Stardock stuff.  Running a cleanup prgram, as I'm sure you know, gets rid of hopefully anything related to Impulse.

I also run Win 7 64 bit.  I have not had any problems in downloading anything from Stardock.

November 25, 2010 4:05:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I just installed Impulse. I have no clue as to how to go about using it but thankfully there is this thread that can help you do stuff like that. Oh wait ... this is that thread. Different builds between OS's and some software can conflict. They have to otherwise why are there different build numbers. Some things have to change. A driver maybe, a small applet here and there. All I'm saying is that not every program is going to react the same way on every build. Hence the various problems from user to user. A lot of the problems I read about in the forums don't happen on my machine. Some of the things that happen on mine won't happen on some one elses. Fuzzy Logic would call it illogical. IMHO

November 25, 2010 9:33:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
Okay, I will make some suggestions, not sure if they will make it work.

First, make sure that Impulse in not on your computer.  Go to Add and Remove function in Windows and make sure nothing in there for Impulse.  If you have a cleanup program like CCleaner run it and clean up the registry also.  If you don't have CCleaner it is free.

Second, reboot your computer.

Third, turn off you A/V software.  I don't know if .net is backward compatible and forget what version Impulse needs.  I can't seem to find it to see what I have installed.

Fourth, go to the Stardock.com Home Page and try downloading Impulse again and reinstalling it.

As I said this may work or may not.  Some A/V software has shown to screw up trying to download Stardock stuff.  Running a cleanup prgram, as I'm sure you know, gets rid of hopefully anything related to Impulse.

I also run Win 7 64 bit.  I have not had any problems in downloading anything from Stardock.

tried all of the above and the fix support gave me and still install runs for about 2hrs and then fails with an error code 2330...

November 25, 2010 10:06:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would say that the fact that you are able to download Impulse and install it and it runs, if only for 2hrs, says that something else is the problem.  Can you tell what program is generating the error code, is it Impulse or Windows?

I'm just a user of the software and not a Stardock person so I'm pretty much shooting in the dark here.

November 25, 2010 10:07:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

tried all of the above and the fix support gave me and still install runs for about 2hrs and then fails with an error code 2330...

I had a problem with the installer once before and had better luck downloading the full program and then installing. 

If you haven't tried that yet, the full program is 30mb and can be found here.

Also, here's a post that might be helpful in working out your problem.

November 25, 2010 10:38:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

In looking at the last link of what CarGuy1 posted it shows that Impulse needs Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.  You show that you have 4.0, I don't know if that makes a difference.  Is .NET Framework backwards compatible?

You also indicate that you were once able to use Impulse and then it stopped opening.  Could it be possible that some Security Program was installed that might be the problem?

November 25, 2010 10:50:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
I would say that the fact that you are able to download Impulse and install it and it runs, if only for 2hrs, says that something else is the problem.  Can you tell what program is generating the error code, is it Impulse or Windows?

I'm just a user of the software and not a Stardock person so I'm pretty much shooting in the dark here.

you misunderstood. the installation itself ran for about 2hrs lol. yes i let it run that long,call me crazy. then it just failed to complete install and gave me the error. also this all started while i had the v2 .net installed so its not that. i just updated to the v4 in hopes it might fix something. and yes it is impulse generating the error 2330. forgot to add that i am already using the full installer.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.