Text Select cursor Auto-hide

By on August 30, 2010 11:43:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Selvan777

Join Date 08/2010

Hi,

I'm using Cursor FX v 2.05 with the theme, Drop Plus.

When in a text box the text select cursor hides after about 3 seconds of no movement. Is there a way to change that?

Also, sometimes after clicking in the text area, the blinking insertion point also hides, but perhaps that's due to the app with the text?

Thanks,

Selvan

28 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 6, 2010 10:10:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Selvan777,
Well, I uninstalled CursorFX, rebooted, reinstalled a fresh download, opened it, and all the previous installed cursors still appeared, including Transcend.  So I deleted it and reinstalled, but I still see the dumbell.  Drop Plus also still behaves the same way.

Listen, I don't mind troubleshooting if that's what you want to do, it's up to you.

Because I'd just as well go with a different theme if you've got bigger and better things to do.

Well just for the sake of checking with the Transcend cursor applied the image below should be the text select state.

September 6, 2010 2:30:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I experience the same problem Selvan.

Maybe not exactly the same but...

I get the 3 second problem whenever I go to a website where the search bar of the site leads the page and I try to type something in the menubar search  in the browser.

The problem is only with the menubar search in the aforementioned circumstance and only then.

I have just learned to live with it.

example of websites I have this problem with... Google mainpage, Cnet, and Accuweather.

January 11, 2011 11:11:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I found the site where the Eclipse theme cursor in CursorFX 2.05 disappears. Try to reply to the thread there and you'll see what I mean, it's linked below, please let me know if does not load.

When I click reply, I don't see a blinking text cursor in the, I see nothing at all. I start typing anyway and the text appear but still no text cursor.  If I mouse over I get the text cursor, I click for an insertion point and mouse away, it's gone. If I click outside the box and back in, all's well.

Pretty weird stuff.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/thread/9b1d0562-99a6-4972-930a-136fa92916f5/

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.