Fences Pro won't configure

By on July 18, 2010 4:55:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

stardock29

Join Date 07/2010

I just bought Fences Pro and got it installed, but, like several others, I can't configure it. If I click on the "Customize Fences" icon, the "how to configure Fences" window pops up, but clicking on "Open Fences Settings" produces no response as near as I can see. Likewise, right-clicking on the desktop and then choosing "Configure Fences..." from the context menu seems to have effect.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have run the registry cleaner file you recommended to someone else, I have stripped out impulse and Fences Pro and started from scratch -- none of these have worked. After four hours, I can't begin to configure the program. Unless you have some magic up your sleeve, how do I get my money back?

Running on Windows XP Professional SP3 on a reasonably new Dell laptop. 

I used to have Fences (free) running fine and when it started having problems I removed it from the system using Revo uninstaller and thought I'd move to Fences PRo - but still no love.

Has this problem been solved for any of the other people who have complained about the same thing?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 14, 2010 11:55:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Others have reported this recently.  We will try to reproduce on Windows XP.

Zargon

June 17, 2012 1:03:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Has any progress been made on this issue?  I'm having it on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks.

June 18, 2012 7:34:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting electro1574,
Has any progress been made on this issue?  I'm having it on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks. 
Progress has been made.  Contact us at support@stardock.com and we can see if it will help you.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 6, 2012 9:38:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm also on Windows 7 x64, and having the exact same issue.  Tell me, Zubaz, what exactly is the point of a support FORUM if every answer is "Email us and we'll help you."  Generally, the point of having a FORUM is it's a place to SHARE solutions, not generate on-on-one conversations in a different medium.

September 6, 2012 9:41:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting isochronous2,
Tell me, Zubaz, what exactly is the point of a support FORUM if every answer is "Email us and we'll help you." Generally, the point of having a FORUM is it's a place to SHARE solutions, not generate on-on-one conversations in a different medium.

The Wincustomize.com/Stardock.com 'support forum' is where fellow users can seek/offer support.

In addition the forums are frequented by OFFICIAL Stardock Support Staff, however general one-on-one support is required to be direct via email, if outside assistance does not suffice...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.